Newcastle Utd, Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the time to get in young players woulda been in the preseason so they coudl have a few games against good opposition to see how well they gelled together and that.

Panzerbjorn said:
Jet I agree with you for the most part, I'm not ready to sack Roder and we do have an extensive injury list (has anyone wondered why it's such a problem? Is there something wrong with the way our players train or warm-up/down before and after a match?

Cheeta I have to disagree. We need some experienced players who can hold the lines and control the play on the pitch. Gary speed and Shearer were our foundation players while they were with us, although Scotty P does a good job as captain he's still fairly young and doesn't have all the answers. There's no doubt that we need some fresh legs but getting in 6 young, inexperienced players is not the best way to go about it.

Panzer

Sorry, I was suppose to add to my post, I was going to say 6 young players say 3-4 years ago and let them play with experienced players.

They got rid of Chopra but kept Ameobi :confused: They could have spent £30 million on a lot of good young players but instead bought Lique Owen

Ah I see what you mean, yes quite right. The joys of hindsight though. I also agree that for the money we have spent on our 'super' players we could have bought 3 or 4 decent hard working lads!

EasyG is quite right as well, and 'young blood' that we manage to get (if any) during the January transfer window is going to take quite a while to settle in!

Panzer

what was GR thinking playing ameobi today !

unbelievable he was so slow, if it was dyer who had a chance to break like ameobi did in the first 10 mins it woulda been a goal or at least a shot.

and considering we had like 5 shots 3 in the last minutes we need all we can get.

Im fed up of reading about how Roeder should be given more time and how many 'injuries' we have...

Owen - Tough luck, we've known about it during the transfer window and brought Martins and Rossi in.

Given - He doesnt score goals, and so it makes no difference, Harper is a great keeper.

Krul - It's not an issue for our premiership results at the moment, again, he doesnt play upfront!

Dyer - He's barely EVER played for us anyway, so it makes no odds.

Ameobi - Rubbish, we should not be relying on him!

The bottom line is, the tactics are ALL wrong, the motivation just isnt there, he did a good job last season riding on a feel good factor after Souness destroyed our team. But he should NEVER have taken the job, it is too big for him.

We were pathetic today, the last few mins we only did well because they decided to attack more, leaving gaps. If we had won, it would have been the biggest undeserved win in the history of the premiership.

The longer we leave it, the worse our season will be.

Erm we've had more injuries than that :confused:

The reason we played better at the end is because Dyer, Emre, Parker, Solano et al all started to link up nicely. Hopefully we can have that all game next week. Once they're all back to full fitness.

In the first half we kept doing stupid long balls. And Emre and Parker played way too deep. The forwards had no-one to work with. We've had no pace for the last few games. I'm looking foward to Martins, Dyer an that, all playing together.

At least we didn't lose. That has to count for something. And Man City have never conceded at home, never mind never getting beat. They beat Arsenal earlier this season.

I maintain that once everyone is fit, bar Owen obviously, we should see a turn around. If not, then it may be time to make a change.

Edit: and Ameobi was part of the reason we finished so well last season so he's not rubbish is he?

And Given doesn't score goals but he doesn't concede many. You think Alonso would have beat Given? I doubt it. Harper may be good but he's not Given's standard, or we would play him :confused:

Last edited:
Roeder seems to think a injured Ameobi in need of surgery for months and months is better than a fit Rossi, although Rossi is a bit lightweight but he still would have done a lot better than Shola yesterday.

we were so lucky not to get hammered yesterday, although its a shame we didnt steal it at the end, i was very impressed at dyers performance, i thought he would be a bit carp after being out for so long, but wether it was his performance, or something else, he raised the team and , shock horror, we began to play football! still cant get my head around why rossi wasnt played

I dont want Rossi to play. I find it embarrasing for the club that we have a youngster on loan from Man U. Where are our youngsters? Oh, I forgot, our best prospect was sold. He's now banging in the goals for Cardiff.

I understand Rossi is a possible good one for the future, but for Man U not us. Why do we not have a single youth player who Roeder feels he can stick in the side?

Ameobi was a waste of space yesterday, but its not his fault. He shouldn't have been picked, and should have his op soon if thats the best he can do.

Paul

Jet, Your missing the point mate,

Alonso's goal was a freak goal, Harper slipped. Sure, Given would have saved it, but we would have STILL lost the game.
I was at that match, and we were played off the park the entire game, and looked absolutely awful, I remember hearing a Liverpool fan across the row saying "This team is ****" in not an agressive way, but almost stunned by how bad we were.
My work colleague was at the match, a LFC supporter, he told me afterwards he couldnt believe how bad we were.

Losing 5-0, or 1-0, its still the same.

We are not scoring goals, we are absolutely terrible, and now an away draw vs City is acceptable, they are struggling as well, and they should have beaten us about 2-0 yesterday with ease.

We are jokers, with constant BAD managerial decisions, we have a decent squad, and i've alway said that with the RIGHT manager, we would be top 6 with the CURRENT squad, INCLUDING the current injuries.
At the moment, 2 mins of good play, when the other team switches off, is nothing to be proud of.

Jofujofu said:
On another note, heres an article I found which may be of interest.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/shepherd-plans-full-takeover/

Good news or bad?

Paul

If he does that will be it for me, i'd never watch another football match again.

I'm clinging on to the hope that he will leave very soon, i couldn't take it knowing he's going to be around for the next ten years or so.

SeanyK said:

Alonso's goal was a freak goal, Harper slipped. Sure, Given would have saved it, but we would have STILL lost the game.
I was at that match, and we were played off the park the entire game, and looked absolutely awful, I remember hearing a Liverpool fan across the row saying "This team is ****" in not an agressive way, but almost stunned by how bad we were.
My work colleague was at the match, a LFC supporter, he told me afterwards he couldnt believe how bad we were.

We are not scoring goals, we are absolutely terrible, and now an away draw vs City is acceptable, they are struggling as well, and they should have beaten us about 2-0 yesterday with ease.

We are jokers, with constant BAD managerial decisions, we have a decent squad, and i've alway said that with the RIGHT manager, we would be top 6 with the CURRENT squad, INCLUDING the current injuries.
At the moment, 2 mins of good play, when the other team switches off, is nothing to be proud of.

We haven't scored and EPL goal in about six hours or something, and i doubt we will against Arsenal either.

SeanyK said:

I didn't mention the Liverpool performance at all :confused: , what i'm trying to get across is that every first team player we lose, has an effect. Harper isn't the same standard as Given. That's a fact. Therefore if we had Given fit we may not have conceded as many goals. We may still have lost against Liverpool but may not have against Sheff Utd, etc. How can you say with certainty that having Given would have made no difference at all recently? :confused:

And there is no way that we can finish top 6 with this current squad and current injuries and you are, in my opinion, a fool to think that. I don't think you have taken the injuries seriously enough. We've had 3 strikers injured. Ameobi is rubbish (according to you), Martins is out and Owen. So you think with Sibierski and Rossi we can be challenging for top 6? Don't be silly. We are miles behind those teams at present. No matter if we had Ferguson and Mourinho as joint managers.

And what manager would we get? And how long will it take. It's widely accepted (see nufc.com) that sacking the manager is not the right answer. It starts a vicous circle that has been happening for years. More dissapointment is aimed at the board and Shepherd, and rightly so.

Thankfully most of the intelligent fans (nufc.com again), whilst disappointed and angry, don't expect to be challenging top 6 rofl.

If we lose game after game in a similar fashion to Sheff Utd, Man City, when we have Martins, Given and Dyer fit then I will obviously have to change my mind. And I will, should that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom