News on Wife (reason for being away for a day)

Soldato
sounds like they caught it early and will sort you out - its truly amzing what can be done these days - you will smash it - two fingers up to cancer and go on and win at life - for your wifes sake - she will have your back the whole way.

Keep us posted.

I haz 4090!
Don
I really don't have the words for what I've read during this thread, I've followed it all along, and I wasn't being heartless, it's just, what do you say to what's happened here?

Thanks for sharing, really. I wish you all the best, and if you need to speak to anyone, I'm here.

Soldato
Calranthe, as dark as the days ahead may get, try keep your chin up. Polyps and early Bowel disease can be dealt with quite routinely which is exactly what myself, and the many folk here will be hoping for. Try to embolden your resolve, and focus on yourself - exercise, healthy foods etc. Staying positive is such an important part of everything that lies ahead. Best wishes to you and your recovery through this exceptionally difficult time. You'll emerge a true warrior :)

Soldato
I wish I'd had a chance to meet and chat with Paola, I would have loved to give you guys a tour of our studio. Calranthe - If you ever find yourself in Los Angeles drop me a trust and I will happily give you a behind the scenes look at making VFX for Marvel movies and VR/AR app/game development, I'd be honoured to hear more Paola stories.

Associate
OP
I wish I'd had a chance to meet and chat with Paola, I would have loved to give you guys a tour of our studio. Calranthe - If you ever find yourself in Los Angeles drop me a trust and I will happily give you a behind the scenes look at making VFX for Marvel movies and VR/AR app/game development, I'd be honoured to hear more Paola stories.
Once all this is sorted I may take you up on that, Paola always wanted to visit the USA and I want to visit those places that she couldn't.

Associate
OP
I just published Paola's story on Amazon Kindle, it is a short story with the title Paola A warrior's Soul. it does come up if you search for it yay!. set it as the lowest price possible .99p you can't set it to free but I can give anything it makes to charity. just wanted to get her story out there before I go into hospital, it is also available for free on my website (http://deviantedge.org ) if anyone does read it (i've been told its actually okay) and you have an amazon account then reviewing on amazon can be done even if you don't buy it from there. would just help her story get out to more people.

Permabanned
Jesus wept. Do you live near any heavy industry/pollution? This is shocking luck.

When you get through this next bit and hopefully get it beaten (your youth is well on your side), Id be tempted to get a log cabin in the Canadian wilderness, and live out the rest of my life in peace, listening to the sounds of nature.

Wouldnt worry about the Colon, you can manage without that...:p I do anyway. Hopefully they zap the stuff in the lung and you can get back to enjoying life.

Associate
OP
It just seems like its really messed up luck, we lived in three different locations during Paola's illness and the last 2 are really up to the specifics of quality.

They say the nodule in the lung could just be a nodule in the lung they have a lot of people that just live with it and it never goes bad, they want to check on that every 3 months.

Associate
It really is just luck. Something you don't control, and something that doesn't need explanations. It simply is. And just happens.

Yes, some people really do have all the luck. And some others have none. But if it was controllable, would life be as meaningful throughout all of its diverse spectrum?

Wishing you a better change of fortunes ahead. :)

Soldato
Man I am so sorry for you and your loss. I just read this start to finish and you are such a brave person. She's resting in peace now, watching B movies and gaming in comfort. It's so great having this place as an outlet.

Associate
OP
Paola's funeral went well today, everyone was amazed at how well I did taking the service myself.
I just feel disconnected from everything feel like nothing matters even though I know that it does.
Tomorrow I go for my first appointments before going in on the 20th.

Back
Top Bottom