NFL 2013 Season

Yeh Lacy is a monster this season, problem is we relied so much on the running game to get Wallace warmed up that it was counter productive..
We really need more passing in the next game to be in with a shot. Nelson and Boykin can both easily deal with it as long as Wallace can get the ball to them in a reasonably safe manner.

**Redskins at Vikings spoilers**

What a game of two halves that seemed to be. First time since 1984 that we (Skins) scored on all first 5 drives, converting 3rd down after 3rd down, even the long ones, then our offence stalled.

Of course, the problem all the way through was our D. We have some reasonable talent, so you have to think we need to change D Co-Ordinator. Haslett has often given us a reasonable D and our O just couldn't sustain a drive. We now have one of the better offences in the league, but couldn't stop a High School team on D :(

Called it all along, Jake locker isn't a starting QB for any NFL team so how bad is Ryan Fitzpatrick!?!

0 turnovers from weeks 1-4 then from week 5 on-wards we have had 14!!!

I am glad Bud Adams isn't around to see this embarrassing shambles.

watched the 49ers game with the missus last night. Thought the Panthers D was pretty damn good! like you say though, 9ers didn't really get out of first gear!... how many dropped passes too!?

God I hate bye week :(

On the other hand... JAGS WIN!!!!! wtf?!

Losing Rodgers shows how average we are.. Multiple injuries every game is becoming a joke, Defense going back to 2012 standards in the past few games missing multiple easy turnover opportunities..

Scott Tolzien did pretty well considering he is a third string QB, made me more confident that anything I saw from Wallace..

Looking like we arent making the playoffs if we lose in NY =/

I cant ****ing believe Wallace got injured aswell. It is becoming a joke tbh.
We need Rodgers back asap or we haven't got a chance in hell of making playoffs.
Boykin, Lacy, Nelson and Raji can not carry us like this!

And im sorry but I normally love Mike McCarthy but he was well off his call game and letting Clay Matthews play was a complete joke.

grrrrrr

Oh my ****ing GOD!!!!! ah
**** the Packers this season seriously. McCarthy is being a right tard with his play calls and only let Tolzein throw in the last quarter....oh lets run the ball twice with Lacey into a brick wall because its working so well for us getting a yard each time.

That second pick hurt us hard, our defense is a complete joke. Capers needs to seriously address some issues on the secondary. How the **** did Ely get a throw under triple , yes TRIPLE coverage - that is unacceptable.

We need a win now, to get into playoffs and Rodgers unlikely to start next week.

Man this season.........

Oh and Boykin and Nelson top players once again.

Last edited:
Packers are quite dire this season!

Pretty frustrated with the Pats result this week. Also, what a terrible terrible no-call at the end of the game.

Wonder if Brady will get fined for his 'enthusiasm' towards the referee!

I don't know about that last call. Had the defender that intercepted it not been there and the ball went through to Gronk, definitely PI. As the ball was never getting to him, I think that changes things. Kind of like when it's uncatchable I guess.

IMO, still PI.

The defender covering gronk was pushing him away from the ball while it was in the air. (Started exactly where the ball was intercepted) This is before he decided to give him a massive hug. Which allowed the other defender to pick it off.

Its fine if the defender is using his body to direct the receiving player, but using your hands is a big nono, especially on his chest! If the defender is going to use his hands at all, it should be the back part of the hand and on the hips of the receiving player.

He didn't even glance back to see where the ball was!

But PI isn't as simple as that. If all that went on and the ball sailed into row Z it's not PI.

Also, I've just watched it again, he never puts his hands on Gronks chest. Their hands kind of meet as they both have them out in front of them, then the LB definitely does then hug Gronk, but the ball is short and would be uncatchable.

If they called it, there is no way I would be saying they are wrong, I'm just saying I can see how they can not call it too.

Yes, I know how to play DB with a hand on the hip... I did it for England. :p Also, it's not fine to direct the receiver with your body. It's fine to make an attempt to catch the ball yourself, but not to physically obstruct the receiver.

But PI isn't as simple as that. If all that went on and the ball sailed into row Z it's not PI.

Also, I've just watched it again, he never puts his hands on Gronks chest. Their hands kind of meet as they both have them out in front of them, then the LB definitely does then hug Gronk, but the ball is short and would be uncatchable.

If they called it, there is no way I would be saying they are wrong, I'm just saying I can see how they can not call it too.

Yes, I know how to play DB with a hand on the hip... I did it for England. :p Also, it's not fine to direct the receiver with your body. It's fine to make an attempt to catch the ball yourself, but not to physically obstruct the receiver.

I can appreciate its not that simple, but in this case, the ball was heading straight for the receiver, but he was pushed out of the way via chest/shoulderpads at the point where the ball was heading.

Hands meet > hands on chest/shoulders > struggle cuddle

Of course its fine to direct the receiver, filling the gap where he wants to go is part of being a DB. Like inside shade on a hitch/slant route for example.

What years did you play for GB?

GB was Uni level back in 94ish, I played WR & QB. England was the short period in the late 90's when they did 4 nations competitions.

Again, where the ball was going isn't always important. A tipped pass for example, at any point, means you leather the WR.

As I said, I'm not saying the call was right, just saying I can see how it can be justified.

Has there been any comment from the league? I assume not as they will have to back the refs anyway.

GB was Uni level back in 94ish, I played WR & QB. England was the short period in the late 90's when they did 4 nations competitions.

Again, where the ball was going isn't always important. A tipped pass for example, at any point, means you leather the WR.

As I said, I'm not saying the call was right, just saying I can see how it can be justified.

Has there been any comment from the league? I assume not as they will have to back the refs anyway.

I remember watching a few in the 90's - I was quite young then though so don't recall much of it!

The official word from the league is "The Officials made a judgement call"... so basically, they are wrong but nothing is going to be done about it ;) - as like you say, they will generally always back the refs.

I'll be trying out for WR at our combine for the up coming season! Will make a change from running backwards at least!

Back
Top Bottom