NHS=Negligent Health Service

Something will need to give, on ''Debate night'' (Scottish question time basically) a few weeks ago, there was a Labour MSP who said that by 2050 their projections are health spending will be over 50% of the total budget (I believe it's about 30% at the moment, Scotland has an older population than England). Presumably, spending on pensions will go up as well with an ageing population, so if we persist with the current funding model we are heading to a place where the demands of our elderly consume most of the budget.

Can you provide a source for this? Do nurses have some special protection from dismissal? Because in the UK it's a piece of cake for any vaguely competent employer to sack an employee who has less than two years of service.
Not a nurse myself but it's very rare to see even pretty terrible nurses sacked. I can remember a handful over the years but it's a very long drawn out process, they normally abuse the sick leave for as long as possible before finally being sacked.

Can you provide a source for this? Do nurses have some special protection from dismissal? Because in the UK it's a piece of cake for any vaguely competent employer to sack an employee who has less than two years of service.
I'm just saying that's how it can sometimes work. Just because they have qualified and have been giving a job doesn't mean that they are actually capable of doing the job when they are on the wards. One quick example was from my son when he was working as a HCA, a recently qualified nurse was so bad at her job that they had to restrict what she was allowed to do while she was assessed. I don't know if she got any better but let's say she was just adequate the Trust may have hard job getting rid of because of the way you have to go through the termination process

Not a nurse myself but it's very rare to see even pretty terrible nurses sacked. I can remember a handful over the years but it's a very long drawn out process, they normally abuse the sick leave for as long as possible before finally being sacked.
Yes you'd be surprised how many NHS employees who are incompetent are on the sick. When you can get 6 months full pay and then 6 months half pay you can see why they would be doing it. The wife reckons there's someone at her place who has recently been employed yet hasn't made a proper full week in their time there. Another was employed as a catering supervisor yet couldn't cook and has recently changed over to be a porter because of the stress(not illness)

Or they are facing criminal prosecution

My boss is the Trust Lawyer and his expertise is in Employment Law.
We spend a lot of time putting cases together to sack people and no it isn't simple.

You really can’t help but feel the despair these days. I think the government just want all the peasants to die early so they don’t have to pay a pension. Those who have insurance, can get loans, raid savings or sell stuff to fund private healthcare will survive but good luck otherwise.

I’m sure my mum would still be alive if she hadn’t been messed around so much with getting a diagnosis. That debacle is why I’m ready to jump in to help my sister before they let her die of malnutrition. Probably going to be 15k to fix.

GG Tories with the efforts turning us into a 3rd world country.

Last edited:
Is this a public sector thing? UK employment law gives employees with less than two years service very limited protection.

Easy to challenge decisions and tie them up with costly legal procedures would be my guess. Plus a lot of entities that have a heavy union presence often have sympathetic internal policies and procedures.

I hate George Galloway and his opportunism but he is right. Rishi Sunak and Keir Starmer are two cheeks of the same arse. Why are we voting for these morons?

Vote independent or whatever you believe in come the next election.

Last edited:
I hate George Galloway and his opportinism but he is right. Rishi Sunak and Keir Starmer are two cheeks of the same arse. Why are we voting for these morons?

Vote independent or whatever you believe in come the next election.
I have said that the two parties are the same many times.

and Galloway is the hole in between said arse cheeks?
I really don't like the guy but I absolutely respect the fact that he exposes the main political parties to sunlight - it's what they hate.

Politically, I don't really agree with him but you can't deny that he is a fantastic orator - the house of commons is going to be very interesting now.

They hate anything against "THE MESSAGE" so as far as I'm concerned, go for it Mr Hat Man.

That's good, how about how far right do you go before you get to the far left?
Ahh that's such an interesting point that's lost on the emotional youth :)

Last edited:
That's good, how about how far right do you go before you get to the far left?
they're all political extremists, and i think that's where the similarities end though
i know that there's the horseshoe theory, but i can't see how you can go far left to far right (and vice-versa) imo

Last edited:
I really don't like the guy but I absolutely respect the fact that he exposes the main political parties to sunlight - it's what they hate.

Politically, I don't really agree with him but you can't deny that he is a fantastic orator - the house of commons is going to be very interesting now.

They hate anything against "THE MESSAGE" so as far as I'm concerned, go for it Mr Hat Man.

Ahh that's such an interesting point that's lost on the emotional youth :)
I haven't seen him but if any one can show them up I fine with that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom