Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
Well I use it quite casually, like I'll use it at home when I'm just lounging around but douse myself in like 10-15 sprays lol. It's really soft so you can get away with it, and the smell is so pleasant.
With that many sprays you would get olfactory fatigue.

Soldato
Working my way through some samples this week, Creed Aventus is a brilliant fragrance for sure - definitely one to get for me.

Currently wearing Spicebomb Extreme - smells lush on a warm-ish day, though I can imagine it being a bit OP if it was hot.

Have got TF Noir Extreme and Black Orchid, and Terre D Hermes (sp) to get through over the next week - I think there's also a Ferrari Neroli one in there too from memory.

Soldato
Decided I'm going to get a decant of DHP so I can see if I really want to open the one I bought or just keep it for an yet-to-be-determined few years, and get some good money for it down the line, after seeing some of the silly money vintage discontined frags go for.

Soldato
Picked up some samples as Dylan blue from Versace has been my favourite for a long time now so trying some other Versace ones aswell as others.

I got:-

Versace Man Eau Fraiche
Versace Eros Flame
Mancera Cedrat Boise
Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Toit
Tom Ford Costa Azzurra Acqua

Soldato
Picked these two up from Notino a week or two ago. Cedrat Boise was down to £52, an absolute steal for 120ml of this juice. Figured I'd pick up the Ferrari too as it was just over £15 and is a great work scent in the summer. :)

n2hpMgw.jpg
Also got some Cedrat Boise, amazing scent.

Got some Mancera black gold too, another great scent.

Soldato
Gone through the TF blues, still have Neroli Portofino out on top; Costa Azzura has a driftwood-y note I don't like and Mandarino Di Amalfi is just too strong on the orange for me. All the aqua versions are EDT concentration and have no staying power. NP Forte isn't as nice on the opening as the original but dries down similar and lasts longer.

Also tried Ombre Leather and it's definitely less polarising and harsh than Tuscan Leather (it's not just men that like it, shock!)... although given the La Yaqawam I have does a similar thing and has beast performance it's not buy-worthy.

Soldato
Really liking the Versace Eros Flame
I’ve had a bottle of that before. Wasn’t too sure on the orange-y note it starts out with but dries down similar to the original. It lasts ages too.

Gone through the TF blues, still have Neroli Portofino out on top; Costa Azzura has a driftwood-y note I don't like and Mandarino Di Amalfi is just too strong on the orange for me. All the aqua versions are EDT concentration and have no staying power. NP Forte isn't as nice on the opening as the original but dries down similar and lasts longer.

Also tried Ombre Leather and it's definitely less polarising and harsh than Tuscan Leather (it's not just men that like it, shock!)... although given the La Yaqawam I have does a similar thing and has beast performance it's not buy-worthy.

I’ve a bottle of the Costa azzura aqua and you’re right. It’s lasts about as long as a cologne or aftershave splash. Shame cause it smells great !

V_R

V_R

Soldato
That's a nice set. Jazz Club, Barbers and Fireplace are the three I've sniffed before. At The Barbers was by far the best imo. Interesting in the others though.

Soldato
That's a nice set. Jazz Club, Barbers and Fireplace are the three I've sniffed before. At The Barbers was by far the best imo. Interesting in the others though.

There's a barely used Replica box set on one of the Facebook groups in one of the threads (which was about which companies offer sample sets), I might grab it just to try those three as I'm addicted to sniffing new things at the moment and haven't tried anything from MM.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Spice bomb still my fave
Mine too, Try the Extreme version, its even better. Both are great for a cold night out. :)

There's a barely used Replica box set on one of the Facebook groups in one of the threads (which was about which companies offer sample sets), I might grab it just to try those three as I'm addicted to sniffing new things at the moment and haven't tried anything from MM.
Ohh, how much? I don't do FB but if I did I would be interested. John Lewis have them usually so you can at least try them on skin before you buy. :)

Associate
Spice bomb still my fave

Great frag - sure fire compliment getter however, the new version in the Green Bottle is very meh imo. Performance wasn't good on my skin lasted only a few hours with little projection and it smells like it's trying to appeal to the late teen/early 20's market.

I recently also tested Montblanc Explorer as its meant to be a combination of Aventus & Sauvage, smelt great for all of about 1hr on my skin, then turned into a skin scent so am hoping for a stronger EdP version as I loved what was happening with it.

Shawrey

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yeah Night Vision is very forgettable.

I had a decant of Explorer. Its not bad, it had decent projection on me but I prefer Emperor Extrait if we're talking Aventus clones. If you want an Aventus/Sauvage mix try Parfums Vintage X-Batch.

Soldato
Great frag - sure fire compliment getter however, the new version in the Green Bottle is very meh imo. Performance wasn't good on my skin lasted only a few hours with little projection and it smells like it's trying to appeal to the late teen/early 20's market.

I recently also tested Montblanc Explorer as its meant to be a combination of Aventus & Sauvage, smelt great for all of about 1hr on my skin, then turned into a skin scent so am hoping for a stronger EdP version as I loved what was happening with it.

Shawrey
Explorer already is edp, unfortunately.

Edit. Same with my bottle. Longevity is appalling. Shame. As it’s a good scent.

Soldato
Wearing Spicebomb Extreme today - such a fantastic frag and lasts absolutely ages for me. Have been using up the last of my Aventus sample and been comparing it to CDNIM - both get attention from people but the Aventus is on a whole other level.

I've used up my sample of Tom Ford Noir Extreme and I love that so I'll be looking for a decently priced bottle on my next adventure into town.

Back
Top Bottom