*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Finally ordered a pro controller. I have had joycon drift for a while, have been putting off a replacement for as long as I could, but weirdly it only happened on the home screen, games were OK. Downloaded Crysis last night, it's unplayable, I'm all over the place movement wise. Once the controller comes through, I will send them in for repair. Thought about another pair of joycons, but until they fix the drift, it's a lot to spend on a broken design

I think it's the most comfortable controller out of all the main official ones tbh and it has good battery.

Associate
Both of my joy cons now have drift. My console is over 2 years old. How much did Nintendo charge you for repairing them? Just wondering if its worthwhile replacing them instead.

Man of Honour
Both of my joy cons now have drift. My console is over 2 years old. How much did Nintendo charge you for repairing them? Just wondering if its worthwhile replacing them instead.

The replacement sticks are around £4 so I’d just do it yourself if you are out of warranty.

Soldato
For anyone having issues controlling Luigi see the post below from Kotaku.

https://kotaku.com/luigis-mansion-3-is-much-better-if-you-use-the-shoulder-1839547998

In a nutshell;
  • The right shoulder button also activates the flashlight.
  • The left shoulder button also activates the plunger.
  • Pressing both shoulder buttons activates the dark light.
This can make it much easier as you're not removing your thumb to flash the ghosts in particular.

Soldato
Oh boy.

Paid £70 for new usb port repair. Picked up from shop and tested all was well. Get home and it can't read any game chips...

Heading back in today and hope it's a simple forgot to attach a wire job....

Soldato
Depends who you ask. I mean yes it runs it but not very well just like outer worlds , actually plenty of performance issues on the Xenoblade games and BOTW too.

Depends on your expectations I guess. For me, it's great. Back when I was trying to get Crysis running as best as I could on my SLi 8800s, if someone had said that I'd be playing it in my lunch break on a handheld Nintendo I would have laughed them out the room.

If someone's expectations are unrealistically high, then yes, they should expect to be disappointed.

No regrets of buying from me.

Back
Top Bottom