*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
As I play on a 13.3 inch 1080p external screen under my main monitor I'm not actually bothered by the new OLED switches as I probably won't use it in handheld mode.

I think I prefer my Monster Hunter Ltd Edition Switch for its look for the docked console, plus being a little smaller on my desk, but I do like the new OLED, though they've clearly decided to keep any real power upgrades back for Switch 2.

Given how hard the OLED version will be scalped, I still think any of the later revision higher battery Switches currently available are still worth getting if you really want a Switch, hopefully some good deals on those when the OLED is released.

Soldato
The new Dock looks a lot nicer. Curved edged and it's actually slightly thinner I believe.

I'll definitely be changing from my Lite to the OLED model. Primarily so I can read text easier. Shame with it being 7 inch that they didn't decide to make it a 1080p screen. However I guess for Nintendo it keeps their costs down.

Associate
Screw it, I pre-ordered the white one :D

Not exactly much of an upgrade over the older switch and I already have the one with the longer battery life with the tweaked Tegra chip. But two things that really bother me with the current switch is the screen, that gigantic bezel with so much wasted area for a screen and its absolutely crap outdoors even overcast cloudy days. Hopefully the OLED at least helps a bit there if they put a decent panel in it.

As Nintendo first party games are usually really bright and vibrant those are going to really pop on that OLED panel.

Last edited:
Soldato
You can pre order now on game if you really think scalpers will get them all

Yer - that went really well for the people who "pre-ordered" a PS5 from ShopTo well over a year before its release.
I'm all for pre-ordering what you want, but at least wait for official pre-orders of something - then you know if you're successful you're at least actually on a list.

It also won't sell out "because of scalpers" it will sell out through demand - again, scalpers are not taking any serious percentage of any console being sold.

Soldato
I’m sure it will sell out for Xmas again as it has done the last few years but I doubt the scalper market will be big and it will only server the FOMO crowd.

There are loads of cheap used switch’s on the market these days.

Soldato
I doubt those places even have their allocation numbers so pre orders are certainly speculative at best.

I just had the Nintendo marketing email land in my inbox, it seems that this isn’t replacing the existing switch and will be a new addition to the line up for now.

Associate
OLED screen and then hide it in a dock to play on your LCD screen :cry::cry::cry:
I always knew there was a reason why i covered my OLED TV in a blanket.
Kind of negates the selling point of being able to use the Switch with your TV, especially if you already own a Switch. Plus i can hear all the kids shouting at each other about the OLED screen and the improved image quality, better contrast, higher brightness, fuller viewing angle, a wider color range and much faster refresh rates.
PS i own a Switch.

Soldato
OLED Switch already sold out at some places, probably some guys best mates father that bought the lot to sell on eBay so the guy can feed his family.

A lot of charity auctions too!

Surprised so many play docked tbh, I thought Nintendo published stats once that showed vast majority played handheld.

Soldato
I'm not sure if I want one or not.

I rarely use mine handheld but that's partly because I found the screen a bit small and underwhelming, so I felt like didn't want to 'miss out' on playing games like BOTW on my TV... would the OLED be enough improvement to actually make me change habits now I wonder?

Back
Top Bottom