*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
I am not going to trawl through this thread but people were definitely sceptical at the start. Can't blame them really as the Wii U was a total disaster.

Everyone was but it was the same with the original DS....."A two screen handheld system!!!! WTF are Nintendo doing!?!!? How can that work!!?!"

Well they made it work, same with the 3DS, had the slow start they had to reduce the price to get people in. Then it became a popular handheld console.

Soldato
Heads up that Metroid Dread is £20 in Tesco. Just chucked a copy in my trolley.
Had a quick go last night, maybe almost an hour.

Quite like it so far. Don't generally enjoy being chased by stuff in games, but the EMMI bits aren't too bad.

My only complaint is having to use the analogue stick instead of the d-pad for movement. It's ******* crap for a 2d platformer. (I acknowledge it's use with the aim function, but still don't like it)

Man of Honour
I have to admit one thing I love about the Switch is that the good physical games seem to hold their value pretty well meaning I can pick them up; play them and sell them on with it only costing me a few quid overall.

Argos have some of the first party stuff on sale for £36 today (Mario Oddysey, Mario 3D World, Mario Land and Zelda BOTW); picked up a couple and will be able to sell them on eBay for a few quid less once I’m done!

Received Tony Hawks 1 & 2 yesterday; loving it and it plays much better than I expected based on a few of the reviews I read which said that technically it wasn’t great.

I have to admit one thing I love about the Switch is that the good physical games seem to hold their value pretty well meaning I can pick them up; play them and sell them on with it only costing me a few quid overall.

Argos have some of the first party stuff on sale for £36 today (Mario Oddysey, Mario 3D World, Mario Land and Zelda BOTW); picked up a couple and will be able to sell them on eBay for a few quid less once I’m done!

Received Tony Hawks 1 & 2 yesterday; loving it and it plays much better than I expected based on a few of the reviews I read which said that technically it wasn’t great.

It's a bonus and a downside. How is zelda still £40 odd when it was a day 1 release! I can get games for xbox for free on game pass, or less than £10,but switch you can't for 4 year old games.

The reason I feel is because there's just not that many games to replace the good ones. Zelda, Mario, are still their best games by a long shot, all these years later.

Man of Honour
It's a bonus and a downside. How is zelda still £40 odd when it was a day 1 release! I can get games for xbox for free on game pass, or less than £10,but switch you can't for 4 year old games.

The reason I feel is because there's just not that many games to replace the good ones. Zelda, Mario, are still their best games by a long shot, all these years later.

Yeah this is true, BOTW2 this year and the remake/remaster of Advance Wars 1 & 2 is all thats on my list so far this year!

Just botw2 for me. Don't get me wrong, botw is pretty much better than almost all games I've played on xbox and I hope botw2 even more so, however it's super frustrating as switch could be better.

Once botw2 is played to death I could very easily sell my switch and not notice it gone.

Man of Honour
Just botw2 for me. Don't get me wrong, botw is pretty much better than almost all games I've played on xbox and I hope botw2 even more so, however it's super frustrating as switch could be better.

Once botw2 is played to death I could very easily sell my switch and not notice it gone.

It does feel like the Switch very much has been seen as a remake and port device; which is fair enough to en extent - for me the portability and being able to chuck it in my bag is massive; I’ve played much more of Skyrim on Switch than I ever did on PC/Xbox; and I love having things like Tony Hawk, PGA Golf and Snooker 19 for some quick gaming, the Nintendo first party stuff I have now or on the way (Mario Kart, Mario 3D All Stars, Mario Odyssey, Mario 3D Land, Zelda) are just the cherry on the cake for me!

Associate
Ok, switch OLED picked up. I know there was lots of chatter about the built in screen protector and not to remove it, which is fair enough. Has there been any known issues of putting an additional screen protector on top? (Mainly thinking of if you install one and then have to remove it for any reason)…

Man of Honour
Ok, switch OLED picked up. I know there was lots of chatter about the built in screen protector and not to remove it, which is fair enough. Has there been any known issues of putting an additional screen protector on top? (Mainly thinking of if you install one and then have to remove it for any reason)…
No.

Soldato

Similiar here. I bought my switch just to play new Mario, Zelda and Pokémon games. I've been disappointed with the lack pf AAA mainline titles and large array pf remasters I don't care for.

The $/hour for my switch is easily the worst of any device I've owned. I can go for 6 months at a time without turning it on due to the lack of games I'm interested in

Soldato
Similiar here. I bought my switch just to play new Mario, Zelda and Pokémon games. I've been disappointed with the lack pf AAA mainline titles and large array pf remasters I don't care for.

The $/hour for my switch is easily the worst of any device I've owned. I can go for 6 months at a time without turning it on due to the lack of games I'm interested in

I've probably put more hours into my Switch the last year than my PS5 and Series X combined. To each their own.

Soldato

Same. I foolishly got an OLED hoping to ignite the spark but it's really a fancy paint job on an aging device.
I'll probably be interested in the next Nintendo console if they can actually make one, which is better than a phone I had 4 years ago. At the moment its a device that costs more to play games worse than on my other devices.

Soldato
If the seven year gen cycle is a given - and let’s be honest, nothing ever is with Nintendo - then it’s got a good two years left in it which should see it surpass the PS4 and the GB/GBC. Still a very long way off the PS2 and NDS though. And people were saying it’s a DOA console.
They are talking end of 2024 possibly early 2025 for the new one. I think even if Nintendo wanted to bring something earlier they wouldn’t be able to as the chip shortage issue is going to persist for a couple more years at least. Also I’m not sure there is the hardware out there yet in that package size, power and cost that is suitable yet.

Soldato
Same. It’s been great for me. I’m looking forward to the new Zelda, Odyssey and MK9. I PC game from time to time still but this has taken over a lot.

yeh i use my switch a lot more than my ps4 and it rivals my pc for time spent, so many good games, shin megami tensai v and ori will of the wisps been the latest 2 :)

Back
Top Bottom