*** Nintendo Switch ***

XPE

XPE

Soldato
I've been looking at the Pikmin games and not sure which would be better. Can get 1&2 or 4 for the same price when on offer

Go for 4, 1&2 are great games but the versions on the switch are just upscale gamecube games, I last played them on the Wii and don't know how well they hold up.

Thinking of buying a Switch with the new Zelda, what's the best Mario to buy.... Odyssey?

Go for Zelda and Odyssey

3D world is a weird one, its like a cross between 2D and 3D Mario in some ways.

Last edited:
Associate
Any other titles are a must have?
Depends on what genres you like. Have a look at Mario kart 8, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Xenoblade Chronicles 1, 2 & 3 ; Metroid Prime Remastered, Metroid: Dread ; Animal Crossing: New Horizon ; Splatoon 3, Persona 5 Royal, Mario & Rabbids: Sparks of Hope ; Luigi's Mansion 3.
That list covers a broad range of genres. There are many more bangers in the Switch's library.

Last edited:

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Its an interesting system to recommend games for, it has in my opinion one of the best line ups for a Nintendo system but the caveat to that is that some of the games are from the Wii U but as most people didn't own a Wii U I don't know if it matters.

As mentioned above it depends on genres you like.

Kirby and the forgotten land is another good plat-former for the system, Link's Awakening is a good total remake of the classic game boy game, I've just put 25 hours into Pikmin 4, Mario 3D all stars if you want a selection of classic Mario 3D platformer.

But Zelda and Mario Odyssey is going to take you some time :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Depends on what genres you like. Have a look at Mario kart 8, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Xenoblade Chronicles 1, 2 & 3 ; Metroid Prime Remastered, Metroid: Dread ; Animal Crossing: New Horizon ; Splatoon 3, Persona 5 Royal, Mario & Rabbids: Sparks of Hope ; Luigi's Mansion 3.
That list covers a broad range of genres. There are many more bangers in the Switch's library.

Just banged my order in for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Game and Switch and also placed a pre-order for Super Mario Bros. Wonder. Haven't played anything Nintendo since the SNES days.

Man of Honour
Got a good few things pre-ordered for the rest of the year, although may wait and pick some up on the 2nd hand market.

Looking forward to Metal Gear Solid Collection though and I'd forgotten Company of Heroes was launching on Switch, that could be a great portable time killer!

Soldato
Having watched a few videos Pikmin 4 I've just wacked an order in for it, looks and plays great! Never played Pikmin before?

With The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Super Mario Bros. Wonder and Pikmin 4 in the bag these should keep me going for awhile.

MarioRPG a remaster of the old?

Soldato
Any other titles are a must have?
I love Mario 3D World, in my opinion it's better than Odyssey, especially with other people.

If you're getting a Switch Online sub you'll have access to a bunch of NES, Gameboy and SNES games. Some are very odd choices but I'm currently replaying Super Mario World and it's still fantastic.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom