*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Yes, but with it you turn left and right like you're turning a steering wheel.

It's hard to make your brain work with that but if you can then it works just as well as the split joycons. When using the pro pad I still fail to turn left and right occasionally when under pressure while with the joycons it's completely natural.
How is the split joycons better I was using it in the grip , think I was doing it wrong was struggling a bit when I had a go yesterday :(

Soldato
Took the plunge and bought Shovel Knight, Treasure Trove for £22... Whilst it's a lot of money, it's a damn fun game!

Nice to have some variety now. Also, 55 minutes of Shovel Knight took 9% of battery....

Associate
Selling my Wii U so I can buy a Switch
Wise decision :cool:

I would disagree. Sounds to me like you currently can't afford a Switch by itself (i.e. without getting rid of the WiiU). In which case, you'd have been better off being patient and saving up for a Switch. By the time you could buy one, they'd get these initial launch issues sorted and there'd be more games to play. As for Zelda, it's exactly the same game on both systems. Both of them run at 30fps and both of them have framerate drops, only difference is that Switch docked version runs at a very small upgrade of 900p (1080p would have been mouch more noticeable).

Also... if you're selling the WiiU now for a Switch, who can say, maybe the same thing will happen later on down the line and people will be selling off their Switches for the next big thing. It's too early to say how well the Switch is doing and whether it'll be a long term success. A lot of gamers and developers are still holding off to see how the end of the first year pans out before making a decision. Not to mention that pricing for Switch (and it's game's/accessories) is a bit dodgy at the moment. Best to wait and see what lasting effect it has.

At least with the WiiU, you could always play virtual console and Wii titles (backwards compatible) if the few titles in launch year weren't enough. Besides Zelda, there's nothing much on Switch till later this year. At all.

These sorts of posts remind me of the GPU section of the forum. Where people are selling their 1080s in order to buy a 1080ti. But each to their own. But I guess you get what you pay for, it's your money after all.

Caporegime
It might be the same game as far as content goes, but it's well known it runs better on the Switch and at a higher res. If you're wanting to play the best version of Zelda, get a Switch.

The Wii U is dead, has been for a long time. The Switch might not have the largest catalogue at the moment but it offers something the Wii U will never offer, and that's portability.

Sell the Wii U whilst you can still get something for it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I need to decide to sell my 3DS, how much are they worth these days? It's in absolute mind condition etc. The latest revision with the little nipple thing on the right hand side and auto tracking 3D. I'm not sure if I'll sell the games with it or separately. I only have a few anyway.

Thoughts?

It might be the same game as far as content goes, but it's well known it runs better on the Switch and at a higher res. If you're wanting to play the best version of Zelda, get a Switch.

The Wii U is dead, has been for a long time. The Switch might not have the largest catalogue at the moment but it offers something the Wii U will never offer, and that's portability.

Sell the Wii U whilst you can still get something for it.

I don't want to agree, but I don't want to disagree either... Yes it's dead, but if I owned a WiiU with 30+ titles on it that I regularly played, I wouldn't go near the switch for now. But, if it's sat gathering dust. Then yea, sell it on and move onto the next Nintendo console.

As it stands, I'm still worried at how bare bones the Switch is, still no apps, very few games. Hugely overpriced games at that... It's a tough choice at the moment. Do I regret buying my Switch? Not one bit. Do I regret the cost? Yes.

Associate
I need to decide to sell my 3DS, how much are they worth these days? It's in absolute mint condition etc. The latest revision with the little nipple thing on the right hand side and auto tracking 3D. I'm not sure if I'll sell the games with it or separately. I only have a few anyway.

Thoughts?

eBay is your friend for getting rid of your 3DS for the best price. Don't attempt to trade it in. Probably get around £100 for it that seems to be the average price on there. I got £140 for my Majora's Mask n3DS and it took aaaaages of trying to get more money for it elsewhere before getting to that point. Selling the games separately also will net you a bit more as the games hold their value well. The games actually also hold a decent amount of trade in value too.

Soldato
Nintendo have stock right now according to stock informer, check before buying as it may already be gone

https://m.store.nintendo.co.uk/nint...90b8fc297673&dclid=CJGf_u6Y99ICFQKF7QodXp8C3A

Its still showing as in stock, so will be mightily ****** off now Ive paid if they send me an email saying it wont be available until April / May

Guess I will know in a few hours (either I get a "dispatched" email or I dont)

edit - order confirmation email suggests they are still in stock too, and I requested next day delivery so in theory it should be dispatched at some point today.....

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
Its still showing as in stock, so will be mightily ****** off now Ive paid if they send me an email saying it wont be available until April / May

Guess I will know in a few hours (either I get a "dispatched" email or I dont)

edit - order confirmation email suggests they are still in stock too, and I requested next day delivery so in theory it should be dispatched at some point today.....

I cant be held responsible if they are gone ;)

My mate ordered one last night and it's out for delivery today

Back
Top Bottom