*** Nintendo Switch ***

Caporegime
Haha, it can be infuriating at times but it's definitely a nod to the old school 8 bit side scrollers that were also irritating (I'm looking at you Castlevania).
On a friends raspberry Pi this weekend we were playing Mario 64. Were definitely a few moments where the controller nearly got launched across the room as Mario fell to his doom more than once!

Caporegime
On a friends raspberry Pi this weekend we were playing Mario 64. Were definitely a few moments where the controller nearly got launched across the room as Mario fell to his doom more than once!

:D

Great game though, I can remember getting every star! The cannon that unlocked outside the castle for doing it that shot you to the top of the spire was very :cool:.

Soldato
Hmmm so i have a preorder with Amazon...do i cancel it and order directly from Nintendo? Is there anyway of telling if its in stock?

Nintendo have both colours in stock now, ordered a neon for my Ma this morning which is awaiting dispatch today.

Leave the Amazon one in place, order from Nintendo and cancel when it gets dispatched. If you end up with 2 either will take them back no questions asked.

Man of Honour

I find Mario 64 is always crap without the original controller. The input lag on all of the Pi emulators also make it much harder than it used to be on the N64.

Man of Honour
Those are the same 3 games I have. Zelda is getting all of my attention though. I think I'll still be playing it when MK8 comes out!

I've mainly been using my Switch in small bursts of time, kinda been keeping Zelda for when I go on holiday later in the year as I doubt there will be much bigger to play by then, have MK8 pre-ordered though!
I've actually not really touched my PS4 or PC (aside from Football Manager) since picking up the Switch.....

Associate
once it's hacked

Fair enough, but I don't even know if the 3DS and WiiU can play movies on those and I've followed the 3DS hacking scene a good while. I do know that hacked new 3DS can stream (record game footage) without additional hardware and that sort of thing. Also, in which case you probably want to buy a Switch now, and not use it/update it, since Nintendo likes to patch stuff out later on with their handhelds (they don't like people customising, even to the point where they charge for 3DS wallpapers/themes). And even so... existing platforms have had the support for that sort of stuff for a while. 3DS already does that with most ROMs, officially supporting a good many games on Virtual Console and emulating the ones that aren't officially supported (of course up to a certain point, no GameCube roms on 3DS).

The one thing that Switch users may struggle with is getting DS/3DS games to run on them since they are both dual screen/bottom touchscreen too.

Though some say... the Switch is already 'hackable'...

Soldato
After reading the Your Gaming TV thread explaining the rights and wrongs of full vs limited RGB settings on TV's I changed my Switch settings from full to limited and the game is so much more colorful and less washed out.

Soldato
I watched the little vid on indie titles on the Switch news last night, one that stood out to me was Flipping Death:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/flipping-death-switch

It looks awesome! But it got me thinking, when will we start hearing of more triple A titles coming? Monster Hunter? Pokemon? etc.

Rumour has it a iteration of the latest Pokemon game is coming to the switch, a version of sun and moon but I date etc

These names have got to be coming, monster hunter would move systems

Man of Honour
I watched the little vid on indie titles on the Switch news last night, one that stood out to me was Flipping Death:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/flipping-death-switch

It looks awesome! But it got me thinking, when will we start hearing of more triple A titles coming? Monster Hunter? Pokemon? etc.

E3 is supposed to bring a lot more interesting news. Nintendo have a lot of floor space this year.

Back
Top Bottom