*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
They really messed up by going with NES games over SNES games. SNES games have aged beautifully and remain fantastic to this day, unlike NES games. The online pricetag would be much easier to swallow if they went with Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Super Mario All Stars + World, Super Metroid etc.

Caporegime
Such faith :p

I reckon another year of **** NES games and then perhaps online V2 for £40/year with SNES games.
Not really :p I have zero interest in NES or SNES titles on the thing. Give me N64 & Gamecube please! That's where it's at for me! It just seems logically that they will build up to it.

Soldato
Anyone played Child Of light on any other system at all? See it is being released on Thursday and looks like my cup of tea. Wondered if anyone has any input :)?

fez

fez

Caporegime
Many of the N64 games while awesome at the time have not aged very well at all.

Unlike the SNES, which still really holds up now.

I agree entirely but a lot of people either have a huge amount of nostalgia about them or would genuinely like to play them again.

I think they were amazing games but the graphics have aged terribly. The NES has suffered the same issues. The art was poor and the gameplay super limited. The SNES is when things started getting interesting.

Soldato
Correct me if I am wrong but don't Microsoft own the rights to Rare now... which is why Goldeneye will most likely not be included on the N64 mini?

Associate
Correct me if I am wrong but don't Microsoft own the rights to Rare now... which is why Goldeneye will most likely not be included on the N64 mini?

Not only that but Rare have long since lost the James Bond license. Goldeneye will forever be one of those classic games stuck in licensing limbo and will never be re-released.

Man of Honour
Many of the N64 games while awesome at the time have not aged very well at all.

Unlike the SNES, which still really holds up now.

I would much rather play the pinnacle of 2D gaming via the SNES than baby's first steps with 3D gaming with the N64 library.

The best N64 games got much improved versions on the 3DS (Zelda OoT & MM, Mario 64) and going back to the original games is very painful. Mario 64 in particular hasn't aged well. Mario Kart 64 is still fantastic though.

As an aside, Guacamelee is now on the Switch! http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...es_headed_to_switch_first_available_right_now

Last edited:
Soldato
I would much rather play the pinnacle of 2D gaming via the SNES than babies first steps with 3D gaming with the N64 library.

The best N64 games got much improved versions on the 3DS (Zelda OoT & MM, Mario 64) and going back to the original games is very painful. Mario 64 in particular hasn't aged well. Mario Kart 64 is still fantastic though.

As an aside, Guacamelee is now on the Switch! http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...es_headed_to_switch_first_available_right_now
I remember the first time seeing and playing Mario 64 at Live 86, which was at Earl's Court. I remember as a 15 year old beung blown away. Not do much now yet the SZNES console and games are still great looking and fun to play Super FX games excluded, hshs

Back
Top Bottom