*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
Bought Owlboy. Initial impressions are ‘meh’. I find the ‘pick up things’ game mechanic a bit annoying and I don’t find any of the characters particularly memorable. Will persevere.

No spoilers please :p

Caporegime
At long last I fired up the Switch yesterday for the first time in probably 2 months.

Played Cuphead with a friend, my god that is tough! But amazing. I need to buy it for my Switch (we played on his) and on my Switch we played Yoshi 2 player. Yoshi, what a charming game. I bought it on release and hadn't even opened the packaging! Got about an hour in on that and really enjoyed it. Such nice level design and there is a challenge if you want to 100% everything :)

PayDay Lover
Associate
Bought Tesla vs Lovecraft as it was on offer in the eshop. Really enjoy that with a friend, probably my preferred twn shooter (more like Smash Tv with the crazy massesof monsters).
Also bought Veritcal Drop Heroes, also a fun game with a friend!

So, Amazon Prime Day, I see Switch + Mario Kart + £30 Gift Voucher for £289.99, gonna guess it won't get better a deal than that

Soldato
At long last I fired up the Switch yesterday for the first time in probably 2 months.

Played Cuphead with a friend, my god that is tough! But amazing. I need to buy it for my Switch (we played on his) and on my Switch we played Yoshi 2 player. Yoshi, what a charming game. I bought it on release and hadn't even opened the packaging! Got about an hour in on that and really enjoyed it. Such nice level design and there is a challenge if you want to 100% everything :)

I loved my time with Yoshi. I 100% probably the first half of the levels then burnt out a bit on having to replay levels trying to find everything. I completed the main game but didn't go back to mop everything else up. It is a beautiful game. I may pick it up again one day.

And yes Cuphead is indeed amazing. I think I won't be completing it though as it's beyond my skills (or lack of).

Man of Honour
My Switch is on its way, along with the 30 quid voucher for the eShop. Might go for Mario & Rabbids, and Overcooked. The Resi games are tempting, but I've already played most of them on multiple platforms as is :o

If you haven’t purchased it already, the Zelda game, Breath of the Wild, is the absolute must must must must must have on the console IMO. The next best game is probably Mario Odyssey, some might place that as top.

Basically, get those two games whatever you do.

Soldato
If you haven’t purchased it already, the Zelda game, Breath of the Wild, is the absolute must must must must must have on the console IMO. The next best game is probably Mario Odyssey, some might place that as top.

Basically, get those two games whatever you do.

Yeah, I have gift tokens for a few B&M stores which I'll use for those. BotW (and the recent sequel announcement) was the main reason I wanted the console. The Links Awakening remake was another factor.

Man of Honour
I bought Baba is you, resi 4 and a robot named punch in the sale.
Resi 4 - what a game hurgghhnnn!!! Definitely in my top 5. Played it through again recently and it’s still great, the controls now feel awful though as they have been refined many times since... once you get over that.... magic!

Back
Top Bottom