*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
The first three Dragon Quest games are coming on September 27th.

EEYZVhXU4AAoSwp

As if September wasn't bad enough already!

Associate
Got mine pre-ordered. Can't wait.

Just need to finish off Astral Chain by then :D
I'm on the last chapter/file now, so far this game is in my top 5 2019 game release, going to need finish this so I can jump on Daemon x machina.

I've bought most of my pre-orders from Game and they all arrived on the day of release, they all get shipped out on Wednesday or something and arrive on release day of Friday with Royal mail.

Nintendo also did the same with Daemon x machina.

Associate
Really?
I used to use this all the time years ago but then things started turning up late, may look into it if they've sorted themselves out.
Yea according to their site anyway
QUOTE]
Release Date Or Compensate (UK addresses only)

As Hardcore gamers ourselves at ShopTo.Net we know more than most just how important it is to receive games by the release date, so we are pleased to introduce a revolutionary and unheard of scheme which will earn you money if we fail to deliver!

For every pre order of a new release product you place with us, you will automatically qualify for a £5.00 store voucher should we fail to deliver this product on time.

This offer is strictly for pre-orders of new releases which are made by 12pm two days before the official release date - this will usually be 12pm Wednesday. An item bought as “In Stock” does not qualify as a pre-order; it must be processed under our pre-order system.
By using 1st Class Recorded Delivery we’re able to see when our games are delivered, so if you can show us your game was delivered late then we’ll compensate you![/QUOTE]
taken directly from their site;)

Soldato
Wondering why people order from anywhere else but the rainforest, as that always seems to be the cheapest place

Honestly, why are people buying new games from Game? They always seem £5 more expensive whenever I look. Am I missing something?

Associate
Wondering why people order from anywhere else but the rainforest, as that always seems to be the cheapest place

Honestly, why are people buying new games from Game? They always seem £5 more expensive whenever I look. Am I missing something?
I'll be reiterating what I said in the Mike Ashley buying Game thread.
If you're a collector then 7/10 times Game will have all the special/collector/limited edition available for pre-ordering, while other sites are great for pre-ordering standard copies but if you're after a specific variant of the game then a lot of times Game has it.
The Astral Chain Collector Edition was only available through Nintendo store or Game and you can't order it anymore.
Also some websites don't sell some older titles or if they did they would be charging more than retail price, I was looking for Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise on PS4 which was released last year. A lot of website were charging more than £45 for the game or they didn't have it, Game had stock for it and was selling it for £25 brand new and I was even able to pick a copy up in a Game store in Milton Keynes for £25 brand new aswell.
While Game may charge more but their customer service and availability for stock of games is really good and if you are a collector then you're only source of getting them variants is through game or through the publisher website directly.

Soldato
Folks, I want to pick up Astral Chain and the new Zelda Links Awakening.
Where can I get these for the cheapest (physical media) at the moment?

Also will the SNES controllers that are coming out be only in the US blue colours or will we get the PAL/PAL-J multi coloured version?

Associate
Folks, I want to pick up Astral Chain and the new Zelda Links Awakening.
Where can I get these for the cheapest (physical media) at the moment?

Also will the SNES controllers that are coming out be only in the US blue colours or will we get the PAL/PAL-J multi coloured version?
Astral chain cheapest I found is £39.99 from Argos and Smyth Toys, apparently the Snes controller is selling out quickly in the US.

Man of Honour

I wonder why people don't just wait a month or two and save at least 20% off the launch price.

Soldato
I wonder why people don't just wait a month or two and save at least 20% off the launch price.

What game are they referring to?
Would you say Astral Chain has had its 20% off already or is £39.99 reasonable?

We will get the proper colours, but you will need to order within an hour or two of them being available.

Cheers K. What is your source on this may I ask?
(Couldnt find anything myself).

Associate
Astral chain is roughly a 30+ hour game if you're trying to finish all the optional side cases/quest in each file/chapter and depends how good you are with platinum combat mechanic. You can play Platinum/Hard difficulty which will make the enemies more tank like and hit harder like usual and you only get 2 revive. There is also Platinum ultimate which is the hardest/legend difficulty which i've not really looked at yet.
It depends if you see 30+ hour game is worth the price of £39.99 but for me its worth it because its lot of fun the combat and story is good if you're into the genre/theme.

Man of Honour
What game are they referring to?

Cheers K. What is your source on this may I ask?
(Couldnt find anything myself).

I paid under 40 EUR (£35) on launch from amazon.fr so I'd say anything less than £35 is a good price. Games by this developer rarely seen to drop in price, for example Bayonetta still isn't available for an acceptable price for a remake.

The page for the SNES controllers has been up on the Nintendo UK store for at least a week with pictures of the proper colours.

Soldato
I'll be reiterating what I said in the Mike Ashley buying Game thread.
If you're a collector then 7/10 times Game will have all the special/collector/limited edition available for pre-ordering,

As I am not a collector I didn't know or think of this. It's a shame that regular copies aren't the same price as online. Nothing beats going into town and picking up a game and being so eager to play it while in the way home

Soldato
So I got to the dark world proper in Link to the Past. I'd forgotten how great the dungeons are here. Scratching my head sometimes trying to figure out the puzzles. No way am I going to finish it before tomorrow but I don't want to drop it before Link's Awakening unlocks.

Back
Top Bottom