*** Nintendo Switch ***

Caporegime
Don't suppose anyone has seen any spectacular deals on a V2 Switch have they? I suspect it's going to be a case of a purchase at RRP or slightly under at best.

Ideally I'd like to get a bundle with the Zelda remaster but looks like there's only a deal on the Lite + game as far as I can find.

fez

fez

Caporegime
The frame rate dropping in zelda is really jarring and poor for a first party title. I really hope they patch it because the game is brilliant and the art style is stunning.

Soldato
Don't suppose anyone has seen any spectacular deals on a V2 Switch have they? I suspect it's going to be a case of a purchase at RRP or slightly under at best.

Ideally I'd like to get a bundle with the Zelda remaster but looks like there's only a deal on the Lite + game as far as I can find.

Mentioned above, competitor £199 including Zelda. Excellent deal tbf

Man of Honour
Nintendo premier title with stuttering framerate? Wow, I am suprised they let it out in this state.
Ive heard it is a memory leak and could possibly be patched?
It's a second tier title, and I believe that it was made by the 3DS OoT and MM team which also had questionable frame rates.

Soldato
Did none of you guys play the original? The art style is really nice but it's closer to a remaster than a remake, right down to only being able to only move in 8 directions, so I know exactly how to do all the dungeons etc and won't be picking this up.
You can't call this a remaster. The game was built from the ground up. It's a remake for sure.

A remaster tends to involve the original game but with a few new extras or better graphics. Take the WiiU games released on switch, the are remasters. Where as Links Awakening, Spyro and Crash Bandicoot to complete remakes.

Soldato
A competitor is selling the Switch Lite, with Zelda Links Awakening for £199.

If I hadn't ordered the game, I'd go for that as my partner wants one for xmas
Great deal if you don't mind no docked play, £160 for a Switch Lite is a bargain. I'd have been all over it if it docked but I don't see any reason to buy it when you already own a Switch.

Man of Honour
You can't call this a remaster. The game was built from the ground up. It's a remake for sure.

A remaster tends to involve the original game but with a few new extras or better graphics. Take the WiiU games released on switch, the are remasters. Where as Links Awakening, Spyro and Crash Bandicoot to complete remakes.

It's tile-for-tile the same game, is it not?

It's more like the Halo 2 remaster except you can't switch back to the old graphics.

Soldato
It's a second tier title, and I believe that it was made by the 3DS OoT and MM team which also had questionable frame rates.
I meant to say Platinum title? Not sure why I said premier, that being said is it even a Platinum release? Is a patch even likely then with these guys?
Of course I am not letting frame rate drops ruin this experience, it oozes nostalgia, be intersting to hear if people are enjoying this as much had they not played the original.
Nice of Game to add a quality little Mario hard backed note pad with my copy, along with the L.A. A2 poster and L.A. microfibre cleaning cloth, for preordering.
Nope loving the party so far, just need Nintendo to come in with the patch fix for perfection.

Associate
Would be nice if I can play Bloodstained some point this year, they are still working on the patch for the Switch version since release, no ETA available from looking at the kickstarter page.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I meant to say Platinum title? Not sure why I said premier, that being said is it even a Platinum release? Is a patch even likely then with these guys?
Of course I am not letting frame rate drops ruin this experience, it oozes nostalgia, be intersting to hear if people are enjoying this as much had they not played the original.
Nice of Game to add a quality little Mario hard backed note pad with my copy, along with the L.A. A2 poster and L.A. microfibre cleaning cloth, for preordering.
Nope loving the party so far, just need Nintendo to come in with the patch fix for perfection.

I've never played it before and I am loving it. The art style, the carefully designed layout. The dungeons. Everything is great.

Back
Top Bottom