*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
I have just borrowed a switch to play Luigi's mansion...I don't want to break anything or overwrite anything - I assume I can create a profile plus additional save games so I don't break his stuff?

Soldato
I have just borrowed a switch to play Luigi's mansion...I don't want to break anything or overwrite anything - I assume I can create a profile plus additional save games so I don't break his stuff?

Yep, create your own profile and everything will be tied to that.

You may not be able to use online functionality for certain games unless your profile is part of his family plan or you have your own sub though.

Man of Honour
i do have a 64gb one is there a set process? Or is it a case of copy data over?

You have to:

1. Copy the game data from SD card to a PC
  2. Use the Switch's data migration tool to move profiles from the old switch to the new Switch
  3. Format the SD card in the new Switch
  4. Copy the game data back to the SD card

Last edited:
Associate
Having recently sold my OG Switch, I have brought the new OLED from the Nintendo Store and should be with me shortly ? Got about £30 off making it £278.99 for the OLED version. I got the screen protector ready and I have to get another Micro SD Card as I stupidly left the one in the old Switch that I sold.

Few questions

All of my games I have brought on the shop, is it a case of just logging in using my Nintendo account and then download ?

Also does the OG official case fit the OLED Switch at all ? If not ill be getting another case shortly.

Cheers y'all

Man of Honour
All of my games I have brought on the shop, is it a case of just logging in using my Nintendo account and then download ?

Also does the OG official case fit the OLED Switch at all ? If not ill be getting another case shortly.

Cheers y'all

1. Yes but make your new Switch the primary Switch or you will have to always be online to play your games.

2. Yes.

Associate
1. Yes but make your new Switch the primary Switch or you will have to always be online to play your games.

2. Yes.

Ok cheers, I did format to factory on my old Switch before I sold it.

Good to know that I don’t need to get another case, although the new official white border one looks alright. Any one got one ?

Associate
Input lag seems ok to me, nothing comes close to the horrific input lag of alien isolation. Walking or just panning the camera in that game is almost unplayable as it has a good 100ms to 200ms of lag when you use the joysticks and what you see on screen.

Man of Honour
Input lag seems ok to me, nothing comes close to the horrific input lag of alien isolation. Walking or just panning the camera in that game is almost unplayable as it has a good 100ms to 200ms of lag when you use the joysticks and what you see on screen.

On Ocarina of Time the input latency on the Switch is 220ms.

Back
Top Bottom