• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

No EVGA before christmas

Soldato
My experience of EVGA is poor.

The 970 FTW was sold without a backplate, FTW been a premium brand that was a poor showing, they eventually decided to give FTW owners a free backplate, but even then I had to keep sending PM's on their forum to make sure I got one, I also remember that was the gen where EVGA was found to forget to use thermal pads. Also the card is the only nvidia GPU I have owned that was unstable on its factory shipped clocks. My current 1080ti I think is a bit flaky in its OC mode, but the 970 FTW was broken full stop, I had to bios mod it to shift the speed/voltage bins.

Associate
I think the XC3 Ultra 3080 will be my last EVGA card, purely based off of how they've treated Europe (in the geographical sense) this year, and slightly due to the same issue happening with every card launch it seems. What brands do people suggest?

Associate
I'm more or less hoping the local distros definition of 'extremely small' doesn't align with @Gibbo 's, I'm position 20 in the queue for an XC3 Black and having just got my 5800X installed it'd be nice to finish my build.

Soldato
I also remember that was the gen where EVGA was found to forget to use thermal pads. Also the card is the only nvidia GPU I have owned that was unstable on its factory shipped clocks. My current 1080ti I think is a bit flaky in its OC mode, but the 970 FTW was broken full stop, I had to bios mod it to shift the speed/voltage bins.

The GTX 1080 FTW was the the thermal pad fiasco they supposedly released a BIOS that would ramp up the fans or something all it did on mine was kill the fans entirely. The build itself I wasn't impressed by shoddy cheap thing. I've still got the card too embarressed to sell it honestly I only got it as FTWs were supposed to be the thing to buy... I've never taken a forum recommendation seriously again

Soldato
The GTX 1080 FTW was the the thermal pad fiasco they supposedly released a BIOS that would ramp up the fans or something all it did on mine was kill the fans entirely. The build itself I wasn't impressed by shoddy cheap thing. I've still got the card too embarressed to sell it honestly I only got it as FTWs were supposed to be the thing to buy... I've never taken a forum recommendation seriously again
People recommend EVGA so highly because of their customer service, but I've always found their actual cards to be middling at best and bad at worst. Haven't touched them since selling my 1080 Ti FTW3 (one of the louder, hotter and most expensive custom 1080 Tis) a couple of years ago and probably won't again. Especially with the price premium on their products these days.

Associate
People recommend EVGA so highly because of their customer service, but I've always found their actual cards to be middling at best and bad at worst. Haven't touched them since selling my 1080 Ti FTW3 (one of the louder, hotter and most expensive custom 1080 Tis) a couple of years ago and probably won't again. Especially with the price premium on their products these days.

This^

Never seen the appeal of paying £100s more for a 50Hz overclock. Guess people must just love the silly names.

Man of Honour
That does indeed sound odd, and thank you for clarifying.

No worries, as I said the whole thing is a messy business. Put simply though if you want volume you use a disti. Gets even worse when certain distis also deal in grey kit. I'm happy with my now 80 little 705 g5's though they are great little machines. :) Just gotta work out what to do with 100 HP Prodesk 400 g5's now, they were decent enough machines but big and Intel. AMD was the way forward on this project where small and super power efficient was required.

Associate
I'm more or less hoping the local distros definition of 'extremely small' doesn't align with @Gibbo 's, I'm position 20 in the queue for an XC3 Black and having just got my 5800X installed it'd be nice to finish my build.
Position 13 for XC3 gaming and I can't see us being inluded this shipment. He said we will get an extremely small shipment, so probably 1-5 GPUs. I don't know how many customers Exertis have so their shipment will most likely split between them.

Associate
Made an account just to chime in on this. The lack of information is appalling and that fact that competitors have received many more cards than OC is ridiculous. I have no choice but to hold my place in queue but I for one will not be ordering from OC again after I finally receive my card sometime next year probably.

Associate
OP
Exertis themselves don't know which cards theyre getting so untill they arrive there there's no news, however I do think @Gibbo won't update untill something is gonna happen next day.

Back
Top Bottom