No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

Firstly, any ideas on minimum specs for this?

Secondly, I'm assuming a cloud based, synchronised save game?

I'm spending a lot of time bored in hotel rooms and this looks like a decent way to chill on my laptop.

Really liked the look of this originally but the more I understand how it will play, the more put off by it I am. Visually superb mind.

Looks like it will be something to chill out with like taking a bath or listening to ambient whale sounds! In this case maybe a book with nice pictures but no words...

Hope I'm wrong.

The last I read about this game suggested that there wouldn't be any missions or 'story mode', and that the developers were aiming for an open sandbox feel.

Is this still the case?

It does have limited multiplayer. We'll only be able to communicate with each other if we happen to be near each other in the world. But then the world is massive.. more than I think we can imagine.

But I think it'll be a good game for explorers. There also seems to be quests and things like that to do as well.

It does have limited multiplayer. We'll only be able to communicate with each other if we happen to be near each other in the world. But then the world is massive.. more than I think we can imagine.

But I think it'll be a good game for explorers. There also seems to be quests and things like that to do as well.

It'll be popular for about a month with streamers screaming/whaling/hysterically laughing at stupid little things that otherwise warrants a chuckle at the best of times.

After that, it will die down almost over night with the release of another title.

Same ****, different day.

It'll be a shame if it does end up being boring, the same has huge potential. I guess they need to add some sort of progression, for example building up a fleet, becoming a super power in your little section of space, NPC ships that can explore and do stuff for you, etc.

It'll be a shame if it does end up being boring, the same has huge potential. I guess they need to add some sort of progression, for example building up a fleet, becoming a super power in your little section of space, NPC ships that can explore and do stuff for you, etc.

Star Citizen looks to be the choice for those requests.

It'll be popular for about a month with streamers screaming/whaling/hysterically laughing at stupid little things that otherwise warrants a chuckle at the best of times.

After that, it will die down almost over night with the release of another title.

Same ****, different day.

That very nearly describes Spore. I remember a big fuss over that at release with people showing pics of different creatures that had been made. Then it disappeared off the radar very quickly once the "oh look at that weird creature!" novelty wore off.

No Man's Sky - Offcial site

No Man's Sky - Wiki page

The world is supposed to be massive. It sounds like the game Elite, but bigger.

I dont get why you guys are calling it "world" from what I've read its set in a universe of some 18 million (or billion) procedurally produced worlds ?

Surely it should be "the universe is supposed to be massive".

It does sound like Elite but better. I just cant get into Elite I've tried and I've read tutorials and stuff but I just seem to end up chasing dots only for them to disappear. I gave up as in missions I could never find the person they were on about.

This sounds a bit more fun and glad its singleplayer.

Back
Top Bottom