No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

Do we have any news as to controller support yet? WIll assume my X52Pro will be supported but Rudders and TrackIR?

GOG for me, I like Steam but hate having all my eggs in one basket and after a friend has his Steam account suspended randomly last year (took 4 months to get it back) I'm keen to avoid handing them much more money..

Do we have any news as to controller support yet? WIll assume my X52Pro will be supported but Rudders and TrackIR?
I would honestly not get hopes up for flight stick setups. It's not that type of game, really. And much of your time will be spent on foot.

Anyways, I'm not spending $60 on this game unless reviews come out and say it's packed with depth.

This is a fairly small budget game, and they have Sony's marketing behind them, with tons of hype already built up, so I'm pretty sure this is going to make the developers a boat load of money no matter what. I'm not gonna feel bad waiting til I can find this for like $30. I think $60 is way overpriced given the team size and budget.

Last edited:
I really want this to be good. I will no doubt pick this up, I love these exploration type games. Not fussed about a story, but I just hope there is some depth and that they keep adding to it. I can just imagine some of the game mechanics becoming really repetitive. We will see. Why do I get the feeling that this purchase will be a mistake :p. Oh well, can't be worse than X rebirth and I put a fair few hours into that rubbish game. At least this is basically a single player game, so other people can't ruin it for you :)

Going to pre-order this one :D

Lots of questions though! Can you walk around in your ship (if it's big enough)? Can you go in to buildings that are supposedly on these planets? Can you own a fleet? I've only really seen green 'normal' worlds? Is there a way to meet up with friends and play together? And so on :D

Looking forward to it. I'm just a little worried that the stuff we've seen to far in the previews honestly isn't that much and won't give you that much to do.

You can't walk around your ship. No unfortunately. You are able to enter buildings found on planets. Which can contain anything from blueprints amongst other things. There are loads of different biomes for planets. Green, hot, cold etc. Hostile ones too including volcanic and acidic etc. And no. No current way to meet up with anyone and play together.

Going to pre-order this one :D

Lots of questions though! Can you walk around in your ship (if it's big enough)? Can you go in to buildings that are supposedly on these planets? Can you own a fleet? I've only really seen green 'normal' worlds? Is there a way to meet up with friends and play together? And so on :D

Looking forward to it. I'm just a little worried that the stuff we've seen to far in the previews honestly isn't that much and won't give you that much to do.

The ship you have, doesn't seem to be have that space to walk around in. However I'm thinking that some large ships, maybe that you can enter or dock with, could have that option (not sure yet).

The ship you have, doesn't seem to be have that space to walk around in. However I'm thinking that some large ships, maybe that you can enter or dock with, could have that option (not sure yet).

That's the thing, they haven't actually confirmed or denied or shown us the end-game or late game ships. I guess we just won't know until we get it :)

Sean has already said there's no large ships that you can purchase, pilot, and also walk around in. You can only walk around spacestations etc.

Sean has already said there's no large ships that you can purchase, pilot, and also walk around in. You can only walk around spacestations etc.

Ah fair enough. There's still scope for it which is good, absolutely not reason why they shouldn't eventually let players have huge ships and fleets.

Indeed. If it sells well enough, which I'm sure it will.. There's no limit to what they can add in incremental patches and updates :D exciting stuff. At first we didn't even know there was going to be NPCS til last week's info came out :D

Back
Top Bottom