No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

I'm kinda wondering where the game is at, watched a few vids which look cool. But what's the point having a massive universe with other players who get to name stuff first when it is highly unlikely you eve get to meet up with other players.

I'm kinda wondering where the game is at, watched a few vids which look cool. But what's the point having a massive universe with other players who get to name stuff first when it is highly unlikely you eve get to meet up with other players.

Have you ever met anyone who named a plant/animal/element/planet/etc?

Because regardless of whether you actually meet up with anyone, just knowing they're out there somewhere and that you could potentially come across somebody or find something somebody else has discovered adds to the general immersion and sense of place and wonder of exploration.

I remember wasting days and days on elite frontier exploring and mining so this is right up my street :p

I would actually prefer not meeting other players :D

yeah..people just spoil things!

Mmmm true to a certain extent, it'd just be annoying to be shot down by another player for example. However, there should at least be co-op IMO, i.e. some way to party up and meet with a friend and explore together. For example, a system where you can choose to start the game together, which would spawn you both in the same starting point would be amazing. Exploring with somebody else will make this game infinitely better.

A couple of explorers, coming across another explorer somewhere in the world. Choosing to go hostile or say hello and move on - how awesome would that be. I would say the party size needs to be limited to as little as 2 people (yourself and another person) to stop massive guilds of people, but that's all.

Last edited:
But that doesn't seem to be what the developers want this game to be.

And I appreciate that. Singular vision games that aren't developed through focus testing are a rare thing nowadays.

True. He has said you can see other people, so I suppose you could go around with them, but no idea if there's chat or any sort of communication in game. I guess you'd either need to get the best jump drive that can jump galaxies to meet up with a friend (if there's a system that lets you find a planet/area based on name or some way to locate them) or just luck out massively and spawn in a similar area, which I doubt would happen, unless there are a few specific 'starting' points - but again, he said there won't be any lobbies or anything like that.

Will hopefully get to play this when its out but i just was thinking of spore for a moment and how if they had a creature editor then all players can populate it with cool creatures. Tho if they did there probably would be a guy that makes a ... creature lol.

Back
Top Bottom