No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

Caporegime
I also have this issue, I wish there was a proper story to games like these. I had the same issue with elite and I have the same with subnautica. And while I feel the same about nms, I still think its a wonderful tech demo to view. A game at 14gb shouldn't look that good!

A full developed story, maybe a galactic war (star wars style) where you can choose how you support (join the rebellion and be forever hunted, poor and salvaging parts, speaking in code, visiting **** worlds to find weapons etc) and a proper ending - with the choice to carry on would be an ultimate game for me. Hopefully it progresses to that or the next iteration.
yea I was the game was like an RTS war between factions and you were just some lone guy starting from scratch who could build up a fleet and try to change the balance or something more similar tot he X games although their AI is dog poop

but doing stuff just because you can is pretty pointless

Associate
You do realise that you've made me install this again. it's been a few years since I've delved and the tutorial is much, much better. I almost know what I'm doing!
Apparently, I have 57 hours played in this game... doesn't feel like it

Permabanned
I don't mind the mining and traveling, but the base building really got on my nerves.

The base building was fun post power update, now it's just tedious.

They should have copied the Subnautica design and just had anything that's connected powered, simplifies the process and it just worked.

Don't understand why they thought adding ugly cable management was a good idea. They also tweaked the build interface and made it worse.

Soldato
Started the new expedition today. Phase 1 didn't take too long at all. I wish they'd let you choose higher difficulty for these though.
Got to say, I loved starting out on the freighter rather than the old 'crashed ship' one.

Soldato
Got a few hours under my belt and it seems OK. More of a game where you just sit back and waste a few hours not really doing anything. Going to delete my save and start again now I have the gist, and mainly because I seem to have lost my ship and am stranded on a planet that seems deadset on killing me.

Associate
Got a few hours under my belt and it seems OK. More of a game where you just sit back and waste a few hours not really doing anything. Going to delete my save and start again now I have the gist, and mainly because I seem to have lost my ship and am stranded on a planet that seems deadset on killing me.
Do post some screenshots here! :)

Soldato
Anyone interested in meeting up in the expedition? I'd like to complete the objective for visiting another player's freighter and I don't really want to team up with randoms.

Soldato
Think my location would cause no end of lag for that, or I would.
I was flying around earlier in the phase 2 rendezvous area, and noticed someone's base pop up, "Raul's moat". Anyone from here? :D

Soldato
I also have this issue, I wish there was a proper story to games like these. I had the same issue with elite and I have the same with subnautica. And while I feel the same about nms, I still think its a wonderful tech demo to view. A game at 14gb shouldn't look that good!

A full developed story, maybe a galactic war (star wars style) where you can choose how you support (join the rebellion and be forever hunted, poor and salvaging parts, speaking in code, visiting **** worlds to find weapons etc) and a proper ending - with the choice to carry on would be an ultimate game for me. Hopefully it progresses to that or the next iteration.
Subnatica had a great story? Well I thought it was.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I've been persuaded to install this and I just started from my save game from back when it was first released. In hindsite it was a mistake and I should have started from new, I need the terrain manipulator apparenlty it's given to you as a blue print as a reward for doing a mission but I've no idea how to start that mission and have left the my starting planet behind back in 2016.

Soldato
In fairness I've only played for 4-6 hours. So didn't complete it, probably assumed there wasn't an ending on its way.
Yeah as you get going and find datapads and things then the story kicks in, still a lot of mystery as well but the ending is nice.

I need to play it over again.

Soldato
Christ on a bike, they've made the space combat super tough. Only ever lost 1 ship before in 3 years of trying, now lv1 merc missions are smoking me.

My S class shuttle is fully tooled, maybe time to invest in a fighter or something.

Soldato
I know some people like shuttles but I really don't, and life will definitely be easier going for something other than "space bus". :D
Shield and weapon upgrades and you're good to go.

@wnb You're better off just starting a new game tbh. You could check the log to see what tasks it's got.
Need to be getting on the taskline to be building the base, as I think that gets you the blueprint. Have you left the planet you're on yet?

Back
Top Bottom