North Korea

Soldato
Worked well in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The point being it it's just not that simple as much as we like to think it is.

I don't think it's simple, I think it's something the US could accomplish and it's better than having North Korea develop nuclear warheads small enough to fit on missiles

Associate
You have to ask yourself how long the people of NK would stay loyal and willing to die for their "great leader" when american planes fly over dropping millions of propaganda leaflets showing how the rest of the world live.

USB sticks attached with Western media loaded on them are regularly smuggled into N Korea.
These are widely digested by North Koreans, people do have the means to use them. The most popular things are soap operas and entertainment, but other content is also sent. But even the entertainment largely depicts an abundant lifestyle. People could be in big trouble if discovered but this doesn't stop people using them.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/north-koreans-have-smuggled-in-thousands-of-usb-sticks-2017-1
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighters_for_a_Free_North_Korea

Caporegime
I don't think it's simple, I think it's something the US could accomplish and it's better than having North Korea develop nuclear warheads small enough to fit on missiles

Oh, i'm sure it is something they may well be able to accomplish, I'm not disagreeing there. I'm just disagreeing that the US would have the political will to continue the fight when the body count starts to wrack up.

Soldato
Oh, i'm sure it is something they may well be able to accomplish, I'm not disagreeing there. I'm just disagreeing that the US would have the political will to continue the fight when the body count starts to wrack up.

I am doubtful the US even has the will or motivation to start the fight even if casualty's were kept to a minimum. There just isn't anything to gain and a lot to lose if another country is forced to join the conflict.

Back
Top Bottom