NR200 Owner's Thread

Soldato
OP
Indeed there is a fair amount of blockage there. I figured that having the the AIO fans in push, anything I can do to extract the hot air and keep it moving through the case would be a good thing.

When you say it barely moved the needle, is that CPU, GPU and VRM?

I didn't do any proper benchmarking, but I did take a quick look at temps with and without the fan. It wasn't having any dramatic effect; CPU was in the high 60's and case temp around 50 at load either way. If I did a proper test maybe I'd have found a few degrees of difference.

I'm not that fussed when it comes to temps. I'll run HWMonitor in the background, play some games, take a look at max values. If I'm happy with those and the system was sufficiently quiet, then job done.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm curious whether it would work better to have fan intake on the rear/air cooler to suck air in from the rear instead (using TG panel)
If you have a big GPU horizontal it will block most air from the bottom fans, so the air cooler would only be sucking through hot air
By getting fresher air as intake from the rear with exhaust at the top, this may be more beneficial for the CPU temps, but vrms and RAM may run slightly warmer?

@McPhee are planning to use GPU vertical with Arctic Freezer, or mount it low enough to fit it underneath the horizontal gpu anyway, as you have the fans underneath the case? Or will you put the radiator on the outside? I'm confused as you have the fans outside now because they didn't fit? But if the fans didnt fit inside, the thicker radiator shouldnt fit at all, unless going for the vertical mount. But with the vertical GPU, the Freezer fits without putting it underneath the case. Unless you are doing push/pull... Confused!

Associate
Afraid not, I have orders in with CoolerMaster but I don't think they were expecting the NR200P to be quite this popular.

We literally sold through all our stock before it landed.

@Ron_CM - Any luck with sourcing some more NR200P's?

Associate
As a project designer doing some user research and market research, it baffle me that no company understood the demand for such a case before now.

Associate
As a project designer doing some user research and market research, it baffle me that no company understood the demand for such a case before now.
The thing that often bothers me with these cases and other ITX cases is that they are just that tiny bit too small for many options. For example the Noctua air cooler and the AIO tubes, if the case would have been 1 cm wider you would open SO many more options. I understand they want to keep it small, but the 1 cm wont add much to the size, but it does give a lot more options for cooling.

I'm currently in the market for 3 cases and will see what ends up to be best or most wanted for myself once the hardware I want to put in it becomes available. AMD 4000 series, Nvidia 3000 series.

Cases on my list now are:
This case, no explanation needed :p
Lian-Li TU150, similar size as this case, but with front to back air flow
Lian-Li O11D mini, currently scheduled for end of September, but keep being delayed. Yes this is a bit bigger, but looks amazing and gives awesome cooling options. Also I have a massive be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 (rev1) now, so all three options will be small :D

Soldato
Answer from noctua regarding NH-U9S Vs NH-C14S

Interesting, thanks for sharing. That does seem consistent with what I have seen although good to see a more technical explanation as to why they're quite close in performance, despite the size difference.

Every case is different in terms of airflow, so it would also be interesting to see what the audible sacrifice is from the U9S matching the C14S's thermal performance, at high loads.

Soldato
if the case would have been 1 cm wider you would open SO many more options. I understand they want to keep it small, but the 1 cm wont add much to the size, but it does give a lot more options for cooling.
It's a slippery slope though! 1cm wider and they could look at the top and bottom panels and go "we could allow 140mm fans here, but we'd need to make the case a cm longer".... Then they could realise that with just a minor tweak they could then fit an ATX powersupply in quite comfortably. Not to forget that making the entire case 1cm taller would have allowed a standard height mATX motherboard to fit!

I follow what you mean though, I built into this case and found myself a bit lost afterwards. I'd not really downsized from my previous Silverstone SG03 that took a mATX motherboard, yet now that I've got it in person I see that a watercooling loop with the glass window is a compromise. So in some respects I'm caught out by the size comprimise. Like you I eyeballed the 2 Lian Lis you mentioned, plus considered trying to get hold of something like an NCase or Ghost. In the end being able to get this case without paying £300+ for the case and import duties won me over the latter 2, the TU150 has a few comprimises I didn't like (even more so than the NR200P) and I got impatient and couldn't wait for the notably bigger 011D Mini - as awesome as it will be for watercooling!

Associate
I have the SFX750 Corsair in this massive case now lol, no need for full ATX again, ever.
I had a Fractal Design Core 500, but was almost always annoyed with its layout and airflow. I used a silverstone SFX in it, but it has a weird noise once in a while. Took me forever to figure that it was the PSU lol.

With the motherboard flat and the m.2 slot on the back of the motherboard, it was a pain to take the AIO and motherboard out to just put in the m.2 SSD. I drilled holes in the side to have some fans on my GPU as that was getting too hot as well. This is why I ended up with a big case.

Now I want to go small again and with those 3 cases I should be able to get decent cooling in as well.

This case I'm still mainly tempted for vented side panel with AIO. That will allow great cooling, but I will be missing out of TG panel with RGB.
The Lian-Li TU150 I'd most likely also go for the vented panel version and not the TG panel version. That will be good with air cooling and GPU heat can come out at the side.
Then the Lian-Li O11D "mini" will be best for cooling and RGB, but as we said, it will be bigger by quite a bit probably.

Choices! At least the hardware that will go in it isn't here yet, so no need to rush it, as much as I want to buy it already ;)

I may get the Lian-Li O11D mini to put my current hardware in (as it will fit ATX) and get the Cooler Master N200(P) for the new build.

Soldato
Silverstone have just announced the Sugo 14 on their social media as another option for you. Looks interesting to be honest, 3 slot GPU support this time

I bet it takes a few sales from CM but at first glance I think the nr200 is still the better case

Associate
That Sugo 14 is interesting...like that it lets you use ATX PSU. Just concerned about overall cooling with how minimal the mesh is. Maybe that'll be the case to replace my kids Elite 120 instead of my Core V1. Though it is still like 20L.

Nice info about the Noctua coolers.

I'm still thinking that having the fan on the rear as intake seems helpful despite the blocked rear.

Associate
Sugo 14 looks interesting, but it's a no for me ;) ATX supply is not needed and as Richard says, I'm concerned about the mesh space for cooling. This is one of the reasons the Core 500 had issues.
Looks like a good improvement on some bits though compared to previous versions.

Associate
Received the case on Monday but hadnt yet recieved my nvme drive so I had a thicc 3.5 incher which made cable management a bit messy, managed to clean up the cable clutter okayish before I got bored of it.
If you want to mount 2x 25mm thick fans under the Nitro 5700xt it's a suuuuuper tight fit since the card is thicc at . Due to gpu sag the gpu fans were clashing with the bottom intake fans, to solve this I had to add a 30mm spacer which you can see right next to the right most bottom mounted fan. This all turned out to be completely necessary since the bottom intake fans were barely doing anything at all to lower gpu temps :) Am very curious though to try and deshroud the gpu and smack the p12s straight to the heatsink and run them as exhaust.
As for the actual temps I had my doubts about how much the extra 2 bottom mounted arctic p12 (intake) were actually doing for overall gpu temps. Turns out they arent doing **** basically and furthermore since the gpu is so damn long the backplate of the gpu basically blocks all fresh air from the bottom mounted fans to reach the cpu. As for the actual gpus temps, the GPU is running at slighlt undervolt at 1090ma/1999mhz and fans set to max 45% rpm. I tried to rounds of Heaven Benchmark. Both GPU and GPU hotspot was on average 1-2c lower when using 2x arctic p12 @ 50% / 1000rpm, in other words, not even worth it.
Specs:
  • Ryzen 3600
  • Noctua NH-12US with an extra Arctic p12 fan, both as intake
  • 16gb ram
  • Shappire Nitro+ Corsair sf 750w
  • 1x 500gb samsung evo 860 SSD
  • 1x Kingston A2000 1Tb NVME
  • 2x Arctic P12 as top exhaust
  • 2x Arctic P12 as bottom intake
Temps
  • Ambient: 22c
  • CPU idle: 40c
  • CPU Cinebench R20: 73c
  • GPU idle: 37c
  • GPU Heaven Benchmark: 65c and 84c hotspot
Idle temps may seem a bit high but thats on purpose since the computer is basically whisper quite when not playing games, which is amazing since I can work in altium/kicad with my projects without the computer noise driving me crazy.

UV3qy1z.jpg

Also some user asked about cpu cooler and memory clearence, cant remember who but here is a bonus pic, plenty of space :D
vxHYi0Q.jpg

Soldato
The thing that often bothers me with these cases and other ITX cases is that they are just that tiny bit too small for many options. For example the Noctua air cooler and the AIO tubes, if the case would have been 1 cm wider you would open SO many more options. I understand they want to keep it small, but the 1 cm wont add much to the size, but it does give a lot more options for cooling.

I'm currently in the market for 3 cases and will see what ends up to be best or most wanted for myself once the hardware I want to put in it becomes available. AMD 4000 series, Nvidia 3000 series.

Cases on my list now are:
This case, no explanation needed :p
Lian-Li TU150, similar size as this case, but with front to back air flow
Lian-Li O11D mini, currently scheduled for end of September, but keep being delayed. Yes this is a bit bigger, but looks amazing and gives awesome cooling options. Also I have a massive be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 (rev1) now, so all three options will be small :D

This is quite large for an ITX case, so you have a lot more options than you think you do!

I'd like to see an even smaller one in future tbh.

Associate
have anyone tried to use fuma 2 flipped.
1- any issues with ram clearance?
2- I read that fuma 2 can achieve noctua nh-d15 performance if you used the legendary noctua nf-a12x12 instead of the slim front fan
what you think guys!

Back
Top Bottom