Nuclear War! What would you do?

Associate
I really dont understand why the government cant build a huge trampoline style thing that covers the uk so they would just bounce off into the sea or mainland europe ? Surely all the savings were going to get would bring the investment for it . Could name it the brexit bouncy bomb shield. Just be slightly worried about Ireland but then again if it was on an angle they would be fine.

Soldato
I live 2 miles from military base that no doubt would get nuked so pretty much screwed.

Might be an advantage, MOD not exactly running at full capacity so might have space in their nuke bunkers. Got 2 bases on my doorstep but unfortunately one of them has 700 workers from the local council in a building next door, no doubt all those currently on "long term sick" will turn up for work to take a space. At least the council will be able to get up and running straight after to make sure our zombies are housed and our radioactive grass is still cut once a day.

Associate
Well once the first one has gone off that's it, it's party time so I'll probs be like this
200.gif

Associate
Just sit and watch the news of america launching their full arsenal and wiping out NK altogether. Their nukes can't reach us in the UK so nothing to worry about here.

Soldato
Assuming any nuclear exchange was limited to the US and NK, I'd at most stock up on dried goods, tinned food and water. Enough for a few weeks. But that would only be because there might be a run on food for a few weeks as people panic.

Soldato
Surely for London the answer is the deepest underground station/line you can get to in the time given?

I live and work in or very near the centre of Bristol so I'm not sure of the danger. North Bristol's factories might get hit (Airbus, Rolls Royce) which are only a few miles away but otherwise not sure what strategic targets there would be other than human. There is a basement at work but doubt that'd do much. There's also some caves under the centre and tunnels under Temple Meads which could be a good bet if they were opened up in this scenario but you'd be stuck down there for some time. Otherwise cycle as fast as I could south into Somerset if I had maybe half an hour plus.

Nitefly, as a fellow Bristolian, where would you go?

Soldato
Surely for London the answer is the deepest underground station/line you can get to in the time given?

I live and work in or very near the centre of Bristol so I'm not sure of the danger. North Bristol's factories might get hit (Airbus, Rolls Royce) which are only a few miles away but otherwise not sure what strategic targets there would be other than human. There is a basement at work but doubt that'd do much. There's also some caves under the centre and tunnels under Temple Meads which could be a good bet if they were opened up in this scenario but you'd be stuck down there for some time.

On the upside, your morlok descendents will farm the Eloi for food.

Soldato
Do nothing, even if nk manages to nuke america then its highly unlikely to escalate to a fight between russia and the us, which lets face it is whats really needed for a proper doomsday scenario.

I certainly couldn't see it escalating to any kind of war where the uk becomes a viable target.

However, assuming it does somehow lead to a scenario in whick the uk comes under nuclear attack i still wouldnt worry too much, the whole island of ireland (both ni and eire) isnt exactly strategically significant enough to use nuclear weapons on and the worst we could expect is fallout from the major cities that have fallen in the uk followed by a massive influx of refugees looking for a reasonably safe place.

Soldato
I think in this day and age all trading would stop and everyone would go home as no company is going to want to be responsible for it's employees in that capacity.

Nothing we know is more serious then a nuke going off in the world as we know the devastation they bring and retaliation that can occur.

Soldato
Do nothing, even if nk manages to nuke america then its highly unlikely to escalate to a fight between russia and the us, which lets face it is whats really needed for a proper doomsday scenario.

I certainly couldn't see it escalating to any kind of war where the uk becomes a viable target.

However, assuming it does somehow lead to a scenario in whick the uk comes under nuclear attack i still wouldnt worry too much, the whole island of ireland (both ni and eire) isnt exactly strategically significant enough to use nuclear weapons on and the worst we could expect is fallout from the major cities that have fallen in the uk followed by a massive influx of refugees looking for a reasonably safe place.

Any nuclear exchange is going to lead to market panic and economic turmoil. The USA and UK and Europe have already leveraged nearly everything they've got to pull through the sub-prime mortgage triggered collapse. Even if a nuclear exchange were limited (and that's a misleading term for any nuclear exchange), you would see disaster in these countries.

Back
Top Bottom