Nurse arrested for murdering babies

Caporegime
Talking about the CRIMINAL, fair enough (arguably). Her family are not criminals.

Are you having a stroke, no one has said they are criminals, you mentioned:

There are plenty of countries that give anonymity whilst people are being investigated.

How does that apply here?

The family, as far as I'm aware are not under investigation. Aside from the emotive and rather strange confession by the mother, there is literally nothing to investigate them for.

There is no basis for the family of this murderer to be provided with anonymity.

Last edited:
Associate
Apparently Lucy Letby never had any documented romantic relationships outside of the doctor she had an affair with. In her own notes she claimed she'd never get married or have children as a form of selt pity. It seems she killed the babies to get some sort of twisted one upmanship over the women who she deemed to have something she wanted. I wonder if she picked the ones she disliked the most

Soldato
Apparently Lucy Letby never had any documented romantic relationships outside of the doctor she had an affair with. In her own notes she claimed she'd never get married or have children as a form of selt pity. It seems she killed the babies to get some sort of twisted one upmanship over the women who she deemed to have something she wanted. I wonder if she picked the ones she disliked the most

I already mentioned in this thread I got a feeling it was along these lines why, I feel she was jealous of people having babies around her.

Caporegime
Apparently Lucy Letby never had any documented romantic relationships outside of the doctor she had an affair with. In her own notes she claimed she'd never get married or have children as a form of selt pity.

I wonder if she was autistic (perhaps the doctor was much older and mostly interested in the obvious).

Apparently, her father is 77 and her mother is 63(or 66) so they had her at approximately 44 and 30(or 33). Things like autism, ADHD, psychosis and schizophrenia are way more common when a baby's father is older than usual.

(Sources seem to vary on the mother's age.)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Does anyone have thoughts on the case?

I have thoughts but I would have to mention names but you don't think it's right to mention names and they should stay anonymous so it's completely pointless answering your question.

Or to satisfy you, this bloke, that bloke and that woman should do time in my opinion.
Also remember that those Clinicians who were scared off by a bloke should also face consequences because if management fobbed them off they should have gone to the Cops but they didn't.

Last edited:
Associate
I wonder if she was autistic (perhaps the doctor was much older and mostly interested in the obvious).

Apparently, her father is 77 and her mother is 63(or 66) so they had her at approximately 44 and 30(or 33). Things like autism, ADHD, psychosis and schizophrenia are way more common when a baby's father is older than usual.

(Sources seem to vary on the mother's age.)

While that's plausible it wouldn't explain her behaviour in itself. To do what she needed to completely lack any personal empathy for the baby or the parents. None of those conditions (psychosis I'm not sure) have that mental aspect.

The conditions where someone has complete disregard for others are Narcissistic Personality Dissorder and Anti Social Personality Dissorder (previously known as a psychopath or sociopath). The analysis I've read is it's likely the former rather than the latter. As the latter would have done more to act in their own best interests more than she did

Associate
She predicted that one correctly...

Pure evil or just bat poo crazy, I'm assuming the former as there seems to be plenty of testimony that she was apparently "normal" - whatever the hell that is these days!

She didn't display any clear anti social behaviour before this. Many serial killers have many anti social behaviours before progressing to murdering people. For instance many start of being sadistic to or killing pets.

Caporegime
Update re: attending sentencing:

The new rules give judges the power to order criminals to attend hearings, and custody officers will be able to use "reasonable force" to make offenders appear in the dock or via video link.
Those who do not appear for sentencing could also face an extra two years in jail if they ignore a judge's order - with the new penalties applying in cases where the maximum sentence is life imprisonment.
However judges can use their discretion in using the new power, the government said - for example not ordering offenders to attend in cases where they might cause disruption and distress victims.
But this would not be mandatory - judges would still have discretion over whether to compel those found guilty to hear their sentences.
Powers already exist to compel attendance and to increase sentences for refusal, as criminals can be held in contempt of court, and existing guidelines also allow the use of reasonable force.
But Ministry of Justice sources say judges do not use their existing powers very often, so putting the ability to increase sentences by two years in legislation is likely to encourage judges to do so.

Equally, the use of force by prison officers would be enshrined in law.

They could already force defendants to attend sentencing but don't so I'm not sure giving them much discretion here is a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom