• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Back on topic. What do people think about the FE vs the same price AIB cards? Is it worth waiting for? @mrk Do you use premiere/resolve? Was it worth it from your 3080ti? would my 5800X3d bottleneck it much? @Aegis ??

Also I have a corsair ax860 (not i) psu (made by seasonic)

Last edited:
Back on topic. What do people think about the FE vs the same price AIB cards? Is it worth waiting for? @mrk Do you use premiere/resolve? Was it worth it from your 3080ti? would my 5800X3d bottleneck it much? @Aegis ??

Also I have a corsair ax860 (not i) psu (made by seasonic)

With the 30 series I would only have bought an FE, hence why I did just that with the 3080 Ti :p I just preferred the aesthetic and because the cooler was generally of a higher standard than AIB ones, whereas with the 4090, all the AIB coolers use vapour chambers and the fabs have to be verified/certified by Nvidia too so you're basically getting the same ballpark performance and cooling across the board, so all boils down to preferences. Nvidia have a 3 year warranty with FE, whereas various AIBs offer 5 years like my Zotac, so that may well be a selling factor if the prices are close to each other. For me at FE price, the Zotac Trinity was a no brainer really, and I appreciate the dual BIOS too as have mine running in quiet mode at all times.

Edit* I don't know if the nvidia verificationa nd cooler system is the same on all 40 series cards, think it's only the 4090s.

Regarding Resolve, I have noticed that encodes using H265 complete quicker with the 4090, and in Handbrake where I was getting around 120-150fps average, it's now 150-200fps average during encode, or I can use the Slowest encoder preset which is more efficient now and get a faster encode than I did on the 3080 Ti.

Lightroom exports are faster than before too. In isolation or with small batches it might seem insignificant, but when you have batches of say 1000 RAWs, then every second counts. I also note that the export test bench,ark I did for another thread, that 17.1GB of VRAM was being used by Lightroom. Whether a 3090 would also see the same speed boost due to the 24B VRAM I cannot say, but until someone with one tests it...

Thread in question: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...rt-benchmark-comparisons-post-yours.18971264/

Last edited:
Real milk is subsidised. It's price is one of the key indicators a consumer will use to judge the value of a supermarket. Cheap milk = cheap shopping in our heads. It's almost always sold at a loss to get shoppers in and shopping.

Except the Vegan milk,meat substitutes,etc in the UK seems utterly overpriced compared to other countries. The margins on Vegan products must be huge in Europe(well for one they tend not to be marketed as such).

Anyway,I won't talk about it any more because we are going off topic!

Last edited:
4070 FE drop go go go.
image.png

Back
Top Bottom