• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

The problem is with these lower end cards is people who buy them often don't have the latest and greatest tech so that's a real bummer

The issue is this time AMD and its motherboard partners not being so great! :( Intel offers PCI-E 5.0 motherboards for less than AMD does. AMD bifurcated the B650 into the B650 and PCI-E 5.0 only B650E and the latter is over £200. None of their partners offer a PCI-E 5.0 B650 for under £200,even if they could technically do so. But Intel has CPUs which are generally less efficient and need more cooling.

This is why I am going to try and wait until Zen5 is out,and hopefully PCI-E 5.0 becomes a much cheaper feature. Personally I can see more people getting caught out,unless suddenly we go back to mainstream dGPUs with full PCI-E buses and/or enough VRAM.

Last edited:
The issue is this time AMD and its motherboard partners not being so great! :( Intel offers PCI-E 5.0 motherboards for less than AMD does. AMD bifurcated the B650 into the B650 and PCI-E 5.0 only B650E and the latter is over £200. None of their partners offer a PCI-E 5.0 B650 for under £200,even if they could technically do so. But Intel has CPUs which are generally less efficient and need more cooling.

This is why I am going to try and wait until Zen5 is out,and hopefully PCI-E 5.0 becomes a much cheaper feature. Personally I can see more people getting caught out,unless suddenly we go back to mainstream dGPUs with full PCI-E buses and/or enough VRAM.
The AMD DDR5 boards are on the expensive side.

Yes obviously the port can't be bad, so just stick a couple of 7900xt in crossfire and it will be right as rain.

Yep. Just like The Last of Us was a bad port and a lot of people jumped on that too. That got fixed for the most part and there is a good chance this will get fixed too after a few patches.

Basically it is just websites trying to use day 1 releases to get clicks and bunch of users trying to push their agenda. At least the former is making some money, the latter is just a bit sad :cry:

Just don't buy console port games. Vote with your wallet and this nonsense stops.
??
I don't think you understand, Devs do not care about pc users because the user base for ps5 and Xbox series x is so large that can make a profit alone on those

The more consoles are sold, the less need to care about pc sales.

It's only if consoles ever suffer on numbers is this not the case.

There is no voice pc gamers have or hiding wallets will make a difference other then Devs pulling titles from pc stores.

FF 16 will sell better then any multi platform game that's on pc especially the ocuk favourite cyberpunk

Yep. Just like The Last of Us was a bad port and a lot of people jumped on that too. That got fixed for the most part and there is a good chance this will get fixed too after a few patches.

Basically it is just websites trying to use day 1 releases to get clicks and bunch of users trying to push their agenda. At least the former is making some money, the latter is just a bit sad :cry:
I don't see what's wrong with highlighting performance issues. The last of Us had 7 months between the PlayStation 5 launch and the PC launch. A month after release there issuing a 25gb patch.

So that's 8 months for them to get it right on a remake.

It appears to be a rock and a hard place. If you don't buy it day one you miss out on that excited talking about your cool new game with a swathe of other people and, and the money men go well obviously PC gamers don't bring in money so why cater to them. If you do buy it day 1 then you basically have to deal with a poorly running game for a while, and the money men go yep see told you didn't have to bother they will pay regardless of the state it's in.

I'm half convinced that the only reason Cyberpunk got as big a backlash as it did is that the console performance was poor.

Just don't buy console port games. Vote with your wallet and this nonsense stops.
Remember when shoddy console ports used to get called out and the game studios use to complain and blame PC gamers due to muh piracy for poor sales. Also recently there was loads of people simping for games going up £10 saying **** like the games quaility would also improve and poor game devs and look where we are.

Well some people seemed happy that pre patch The Last of Us that the only card that could maintain over 60fps at 4K max settings was a 4090 and it wasnt the games fault it was peoples **** hardware. Jedi: Survivor seems to have a lot of the same problems and people are rightly calling it out. Loads of free advertising for EA though.

Well as you said the people making money has a reason though the people pushing the agenda some of which are some of AMD's biggest fans dont realise it isnt the win they think it is as nvidia must be laughing their heads off as they sit back and wait for them to buy one of their cards.

Last edited:
I don't see what's wrong with highlighting performance issues.

I was not saying there is anything wrong with highlighting performance issues.

The agenda part is referring to people saying x amount of vram is suddenly not enough and sighting the day 1 release of a poor port as an example which many did.

It appears to be a rock and a hard place. If you don't buy it day one you miss out on that excited talking about your cool new game with a swathe of other people and, and the money men go well obviously PC gamers don't bring in money so why cater to them. If you do buy it day 1 then you basically have to deal with a poorly running game for a while, and the money men go yep see told you didn't have to bother they will pay regardless of the state it's in.

Agreed.

I only buy day 1 for games I really want to support for the most part.

??
I don't think you understand, Devs do not care about pc users because the user base for ps5 and Xbox series x is so large that can make a profit alone on those

The more consoles are sold, the less need to care about pc sales.

It's only if consoles ever suffer on numbers is this not the case.

There is no voice pc gamers have or hiding wallets will make a difference other then Devs pulling titles from pc stores.

FF 16 will sell better then any multi platform game that's on pc especially the ocuk favourite cyberpunk
Xbox experienced a 30% hardware sales drop and Playstation while they got a hardware sales boost they reported stagnant PSN numbers and a drop in software sales. It's just the same PS4 users upgrading to PS5s so they can play the same free to play games.

Not everything is as rosy in the console land as you might think and no FF16 on PS5 won't even get near the top 20 PC best sellers let alone outsell every single one of them.

Last edited:
Xbox experienced a 30% hardware sales drop and Playstation while they got a hardware sales boost they reported stagnant PSN numbers and a drop in software sales. It's just the same PS4 users upgrading to PS5s so they can play the same free to play games.

Not everything is as rosy in the console land as you might think and no FF16 on PS5 won't even get near the top 20 PC best sellers let alone outsell every single one of them.
What does it matter if it slumped, it still out sold any hardware on pc especially all gpus.

Of course ff16 is going to annihilate anything on pc sales wise.

The pcmr is a joke now

Last edited:
What does it matter if it slumped, it still out sold any hardware on pc especially all gpus.

Of course ff16 is going to annihilate anything on pc sales wise.

The pcmr is a joke now
I beg to disagree. I think you will find the install user base for PC, and gamers using PC, is larger than PS5 and Series X combined.

Not everyone PC user will have the latest and greatest hardware. But I would argue that the numbers will fully agree with my assertion.

However, game companies find it easier and more profitable to go with the mainstream option to develop for. And right now that's the PlayStation 5.Or the Switch.

GPU's for PC have been sold for over 20 years, PS5 and Series X about 2.5 years...What do American's say, "You do the math...".

I beg to disagree. I think you will find the install user base for PC, and gamers using PC, is larger than PS5 and Series X combined.

Not everyone PC user will have the latest and greatest hardware. But I would argue that the numbers will fully agree with my assertion.

However, game companies find it easier and more profitable to go with the mainstream option to develop for. And right now that's the PlayStation 5.Or the Switch.

GPU's for PC have been sold for over 20 years, PS5 and Series X about 2.5 years...What do American's say, "You do the math...".
Almost every person owns a PC, very few own gaming pcs above a ps5.

Read that article to just how many ps5 have been sold, you really think the amount of pc gamers have a GPU from a 3060 and above?

You will be high and every developer will think that too.

Which games have 3060 as a minimum requirement?

It is a bigger problem that many on here can't see the massive stagnation in mainstream dGPUs,especially after Pascal was launched. The RTX3060 doesn't have special performance,but the fact that a 2.5 year old set of consoles which cost under £500,can be almost as good or even better than many mainstream systems is a bit depressing. Within the next year there might be a refresh generation also appearing. What do have this generation? RTX4060 8GB and RX7600 8GB - more VRAM stagnation and another useless "increase" in performance,which when added to the worse software optimisations on the PC side,means it's a recipe for disaster. The longevity will be poor IMHO.

It's why Nvidia/AMD are selling upscaling - a feature which PCMR mocked on consoles for them having weak hardware. They are more worried about what the accountants say now.

10~20 years ago this would never be the case. I can still remember cards like the 6600GT or 9500 PRO.

Last edited:
Which games have 3060 as a minimum requirement?
You fail to see the point, it's not what is the minimum requirement, it's the fact that a very small minority of the pcmr actually have a GPU better then a 3060.

The install base of a ps5 destroys that number several times over as there is nearly 40 million sold.

Oh let's not forget that a ps5 gpu is stronger then 3060 GPU wise.

Back
Top Bottom