• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Those poor people upgrading right now. They've been treated to another absolute gem in redfall :D

Back to a game from years ago or something indy that runs on a calculator I guess.
Jedi Survivor, Age of Wonders 4, Dead Island 2 and Wartales came out last month.

All brilliant games you can go have fun playing them or you can just cry at the forums because you can't afford a 4090.

Jedi Survivor, Age of Wonders 4, Dead Island 2 and Wartales came out last month.

All brilliant games you can go have fun playing them or you can just cry at the forums because you can't afford a 4090.

Atomic Heart was quite well optimised. Still surprised it had no RT,despite being an Nvidia showcase game. Still looked quite pretty but definitely a weird game!

Last edited:
It does always amaze me that two companies (and hopefully intel) can make gfx cards completely seperately but end up near as makes no difference same ratser performance. Always thought that was more 'cahoots' than the prices. DLSS, FG & RT muddy those waters somewhat now. Additional technologies aside pure raster. Though AMD have the 7950XTX in the wings that will probably close up the 4090 gap.

Whilst mining sucked up supply, I odnt reckon NV saw much of that. Middle men maybe did more than anyone else. They soon shifted their supplies direct to mining outfits rather than keeping retailers supplied, once they saw the scalping profits. Or you reckon NV made a higher % then also?
4080 is more like a 4070 which competes quite good with the best of AMD 7900xtx. Also back in the day 7970 was also competing with nVIDIA's mainstream sold as high end gtx680. AMD also didn't have something for 1080ti for a while or 2080ti (Vega VII was only around 2080 performance) and so on.

Normally Nvidia can comand higher prices plus is happy to sell lower end cards as higher end ones when AMD doesn't have something fast enough - like this gen and previous ones. Considering stuff such as the fabrication process and all the experience from both, competitors is improbable to have a really, really big difference between them. Overall speaking, of course.
Those poor people upgrading right now. They've been treated to another absolute gem in redfall :D

Back to a game from years ago or something indy that runs on a calculator I guess.
They better not mess up Stalker 2 and Alan Wake 2! :))

4080 is more like a 4070 which competes quite good with the best of AMD 7900xtx. Also back in the day 7970 was also competing with nVIDIA's mainstream sold as high end gtx680. AMD also didn't have something for 1080ti for a while or 2080ti (Vega VII was only around 2080 performance) and so on.

Normally Nvidia can comand higher prices plus is happy to sell lower end cards as higher end ones when AMD doesn't have something fast enough - like this gen and previous ones. Considering stuff such as the fabrication process and all the experience from both, competitors is improbable to have a really, really big difference between them. Overall speaking, of course.

They better not mess up Stalker 2 and Alan Wake 2! :))
One of advantage of playing Bethesda Game Studio Games is you know they will be buggy at launch. Give it six to 12 months after launch and modders will probably fix Starfield! :cry:

Last edited:

Quite happy actually running any game I want without my GPU sounding like a jet engine because it's trying so hard to hit my performance settings :)

Though TBF I do play so many old games I could have got by with my igpu

Last edited:
Fallout 4 modded to a Stalker vibe does feel good (Lost World) and scratches an itch, but... is still plenty far of what it can be done when talent and resources meet properly :)
Fallout:London looks good so far. Bethesda Games Studio even hired two of the team and it's not out yet.

Last edited:
RTX 4070 looks like a really good GPU just too expensive. Mind you I paid like £570 for an RTX 3070 at launch and that was well priced vs comparable cards at the time.

Pricing is a bit mental across the board atm.

HU just released a video today:

TLDR: Steve thinks the 4070 is better as he finds it hard recommending the Ti with only 12GB vram. Its about 20% slower on average for 25% less price.
There are no perfect options at the moment. For me the least worst option was the 6950XT. If you must have Nvidia it's a bit trickier.

Back
Top Bottom