• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Caporegime
Interesting video on the 8gb card thing:

tl;dw: 8Gb is fine for most mid-range gamers with current games at up to 1440. The games they were making a deal about have all been patched and run fine on 8Gb now, and all you needed to do to fix it anyway was drop a quality setting that makes basically no meaningful difference to what you are seeing. But if you're upgrading now, you should probably look for more anyway because newer games are more demanding on VRAM and you build for what is coming.

Associate

tl;dw: 8Gb is fine for most mid-range gamers with current games at up to 1440. The games they were making a deal about have all been patched and run fine on 8Gb now, and all you needed to do to fix it anyway was drop a quality setting that makes basically no meaningful difference to what you are seeing. But if you're upgrading now, you should probably look for more anyway because newer games are more demanding on VRAM and you build for what is coming.
Don't forget that at least some games fixed it by dropping automatically texture quality, without reflecting it in settings. So, you can set texture quality on high on 8GB and 12GB card and when comparing the ones on 8GB are considerably lower resolution. I wouldn't call that fixed, I would call that masking the problem quietly.

Associate

Ridiculous, what a pointless video if that's the summary, he's just playing both sides with that last sentence.
And that last sentence is exactly what is on peoples minds and what the moaning is about, it's the going forward part.

Associate
Hot weather hasn't really affected mine tbh, still in the quiet fan VBIOS profile even for gaming. Temps are solid and the core clock still stay stable at 2700MHz stock turbo.

cDxj5Hs.png
getting kinda toasty(like mine) isnt it? memory temp reached 90c and hot spot 91.6c

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That's no problem at all, memory limits are something like 115 degrees anyway before thermal protections kick in. The old 2070 Super was no different nor was the 3080 Ti FE, never a problem so I call it normal operation really when gaming.

Last edited:
Soldato

So nothing has changed thx

There you go guys, all you had to do was drop the graphics settings on your $500 GPU, now stfu and play your games on console quality lol

Last edited:
Soldato
The system requirements for Immortals of Aveum is really high

Minimum Requirements (1080p low settings 60fps)
CPU: Intel 9700k or AMD 3700x
RAM: 16gb
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 or AMD Radeon 5700XT
Storage: 110gb SSD

Reccomended Requirements (1440p medium settings 60fps and 1080p high settings 60fps)
CPU: Intel 12700k or AMD 5700x
RAM: 16gb
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080ti or AMD Radeon 6800XT
Storage: 110gb SSD

And people thought Unreal Engine 5 was going to give games tantalizing graphics for minimal performance cost like some magic :cry:

Last edited:
Caporegime
There you go guys, all you had to do was drop the graphics settings on your $500 GPU, now stfu and play your games on console quality lol

I have no idea why people expect to be able to buy a mid-range card and play cutting edge games on maximum settings at high resolution. Do you expect game developers to just ignore what high-end cards are capable of, so that you can have the ego hit of playing on "ultimate" settings?

Associate
I have no idea why people expect to be able to buy a mid-range card and play cutting edge games on maximum settings at high resolution. Do you expect game developers to just ignore what high-end cards are capable of, so that you can have the ego hit of playing on "ultimate" settings?
I think the issue is that $500 shouldn't be midrange.

You can buy an entire console for that.

Back
Top Bottom