• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

The 6900XT which sits in between the 3080ti and the 3090 is around £749, taking Raytracing out of the equation could be the route i go down if we don't see prices a lot less on the 3080TI. with AMD FSR similar to DLSS which is maturing like fine wine it's good to see some competition if a lot more titles support it.

It's not Nvidia though. Vast majority of gamers have voted with their wallets and bought a 3000 series GPU. Nvidia's market share is still growing, people are prepared to pay hundreds of pounds more across the range for an Nvidia card.

I don't think any single company cares about anyone, the sole purpose is to make money from a product or offer something that was originally created with great passion. The latter changes as the companies move hands from the original founders.

They don't care and neither should you. Customer vs seller rights. We would all be trying to rob them if no rules were in place and they would do the same. Conspiracy theories are just that, items in mind that we make patterns with based on non tangible and non evidenced things, but they may well sound very logical if that is all you have to base facts on.
Stuff like this is purchasing based on desire and want, not need. Nobody truly cares for the plight of either side in any terms of real depth as the products are not essential.

Yep. They don’t give a toss about us, so why should we have any loyalty to them? Just buy what you fancy at the time and that’s it.

It's not Nvidia though. Vast majority of gamers have voted with their wallets and bought a 3000 series GPU. Nvidia's market share is still growing, people are prepared to pay hundreds of pounds more across the range for an Nvidia card.
It doesn't offer the same features as nVIDIA. You can't just blame it on the branding all the time.

Sorry, but, what are you guys smoking? We don't know what the power consumption of these cards are yet. We have never known. All there has been is wild speculation. So two things, how can you say Nvidia changed anything? You can't. And second thing, there is no way Nvidia could change the power consumption of a card from 600W to 300W in a couple of months. GPUs are in design for years. Only a complete redesign of their GPU would account for that kind of power reduction.
You can dial down the frequencies and voltage, but can't say how much it will drop like that. If you remember the 7970/7950 were clocked quite low, as you could gain about 20%+ performance from OC (I think it was roughly 23% on my 7950) and even AMD launched further down the road the GHz edition of the cards. It all depends how much performance want from the card, no matter the consequences.

With that said, going from 600w to 300w isn't really possible, I guess.Perhaps a cut down version of the "original" chip or something.

RTX 4060 Ti will feature AD104-180-A1 chip with 6144 FP32 cores, 2.6GHz GPU boost clock, 160 bit memory bus, 10GB GDDR6 at 17.5Gbps with 350GB/s total memory bandwidth and use around 270-280W TBP. RTX 4060 Ti will be faster than RTX 3080.

RTX 4060 will feature AD106-300-A1 chip with 3968 FP32 cores, 2.7GHz GPU boost clock, 128 bit memory bus, 8GB GDDR6 at 17Gbps with 272GB/s total memory bandwidth and use around 230-240W TBP. RTX 4060 will be faster than RTX 3070.

It doesn't offer the same features as nVIDIA. You can't just blame it on the branding all the time.
Exactly.

There is a very good reason why a lot of people go nvidia and it's because they are "usually" ahead of the game when it comes to certain features e.g. gsync, ray tracing, dlss, tessellation, streaming capabilities/quality with shadowplay/nvenc just to name a few, not everyone especially enthusiast pc gamers want to wait years for the "underdog" to catchup especially if they are charging in the same ballpark as the competition.

Nice shiny graphics control panel with a driver issue that may not be fixed in the next 2 years or a Windows 98 era looking control panel with a driver that can have a few issues but get fixed rapidly.

Feature set vs under dog feature set but both around the same ball park cost wise..

Only an idiot would choose Radeon, however I may be an idiot if the RTX cards are so hiked in power requirements, we shall see.

Wasn't a great card tbh but I reckon you should trade to a 6800 (non XT) and see if the situation hasnt changed! :)
3070 without a single issue since day 1 purchase says I don't need to :) The best performing air cooled 3070 on this website mind you also.

On the other hand though, people have reported better experiences with the 6000 series. Time will tell.

RTX 4060 Ti will feature AD104-180-A1 chip with 6144 FP32 cores, 2.6GHz GPU boost clock, 160 bit memory bus, 10GB GDDR6 at 17.5Gbps with 350GB/s total memory bandwidth and use around 270-280W TBP. RTX 4060 Ti will be faster than RTX 3080.

3080 is 340W so it's definately more efficient at delivering the performance but 270-280W is a 'bit' on the high side for a 60 class card. Interested to see how undervolting is going to look this time around but i've a suspicion that it's going to be a bit underwhelming.

so 9785 cores, 2.3ghz boost clock. 938bit memory bos, 94gb of ram and only uses 298watts idle

there you go I can hit numbers without looking at the keyboard and be just as good a guess as every "source on the hinternets"

by my calculations that would give 384 synthetic frames in battlefield 7 before the gpu crashes and you get a driver reboot

Back
Top Bottom