• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Yeah, watched this about an hour ago. Remember reading yesterday that one of the tech tubers said it doesnt even beat the previous gen (3060) in some titles - which is highly embarrassing. Kind of sums up most of the Ada range, and higher up the stack they are not bad products just way overpriced.

Overpriced and wrongly badged - many of them aren't bad products in their own right if called by their "real" name and priced accordingly. Though I'm not so sure of the x60(ti) models as the VRAM is more something you'd see from very low tier products more like x30 though they do put up x50 class performance in some cases.

The only GPU I could buy without feeling intense shame is the 4090 and that would have been better purchased early on really to get the most out of it - even if the next gen line up is some way off yet. I just hope I'm not in a position where I have to buy something.

Last edited:
it doesn't actually matter. They could have thought about putting it out for £350 if they had wanted but they didn't. What it actually costs is all that matters.

7600 a bit faster in raster than the 4060 overall and £40 cheaper.
All the reviews I’ve seen show the 4060 as slightly faster in raster and 20% faster in RT, you also have DLSS which is probably worth £40 on its own.

Neither card is worth their asking price though and both should be £100 cheaper.

Nnnnn
4060 is a joke. The 7600 is even worse. Don't buy, and that's the end of it?

Such a shame because the 4000 series technically are fantastic cards, problem is they are classed wrong and prices are stupidly high. This should have been a 4050 class card at £150 to £180 tops, then it would have been a pretty decent card for the money.

Nvidia needs to start classing their cards properly on the 5000 series but I honestly doubt it.

Last edited:
The 4080 is actually the worse gpu of this generation and the epitome of greed.

It’s also the reason all the other cards cards lower down offer poor price performance and gave AMD the opportunity to also jack up prices and rename their cards.
4090 only looks good if you compare it with the awful (for gaming) value of 3090. It normalized that inflated price point nicely.

If you compare 4090 with 3080, the actual card to get from last gen in terms of perf/price, and 4080, the 4080 actually is a bit better (as per TPU numbers).

So, if you're looking at 4080 as a terrible card in terms of perf/price, then 4090 is not that better either. Is just a clever woven ilussion. :)

Nnnnn

Such a shame because the 4000 series technically are fantastic cards, problem is they are classed wrong and prices are stupidly high. This should have been a 4050 class card at £150 to £180 tops, then it would have been a pretty decent card for the money.

Nvidia needs to start classing their cards properly on the 5000 series but I honestly doubt it.

It'll get worse, guarantee you Nvidia will still be cranking out 8GB cards in the 50 class.

4090 only looks good if you compare it with the awful (for gaming) value of 3090. It normalized that inflated price point nicely.

If you compare 4090 with 3080, the actual card to get from last gen in terms of perf/price, and 4080, the 4080 actually is a bit better (as per TPU numbers).

So, if you're looking at 4080 as a terrible card in terms of perf/price, then 4090 is not that better either. Is just a clever woven ilussion. :)
TPU tested the 4090 with a 5800X and even though they retested later with a 13900k it never got updated for the database so I would take a pinch of salt with those numbers.

Looking across a multiple reviews the 4080 is on average 48% faster than a 3080 while the 4090 is 96% so for a 4080 if you divide 1200/48 your paying $25 for every 1% performance improvement over a 3080 while for the 4090 divide 1600/96 gives you a figure of $16.60 for each 1% point of improvement so as a 3080 owner the 4090 offers hugely better value.

So it's all out, and in the end, the only half-decent card is the 4070 if you can get one for £540 or below (which I've fleetingly seen now and then). Even if the 4060Ti 16Gb is a decent bump from the 4060Ti 8Gb, the £40 difference would render it useless

Last edited:
AMD just followed Nvidia’s lead, had the 4080 been priced at £800 then the 7900XTX would have been £750 and if the 4070ti was £600 then the 7900XT would have been £600.

Sad isn't it. Looks like things won't get interesting again until 2025.

People keep going about about Super cards, but don't Nvidia have loads of these cards sitting in warehouses waiting to be sold?

What would the point in making super cards be anyway? That is only worth it when you have competition. AMD don't seem to want to compete, so what is the point? They are better of shifting the current crappy offerings and hopefully we get something decent in 2025.

Sad isn't it. Looks like things won't get interesting again until 2025.

People keep going about about Super cards, but don't Nvidia have loads of these cards sitting in warehouses waiting to be sold?

What would the point in making super cards be anyway? That is only worth it when you have competition. AMD don't seem to want to compete, so what is the point? They are better of shifting the current crappy offerings and hopefully we get something decent in 2025.
If they do shift 80% of their inventory before 2025 at current prices- won’t they just keep prices high next gen?

Back
Top Bottom