• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

So you are saying 3090 performance for £500 or there abouts doesnt sound good to you?

i can't see the 4070 being cheaper than a 3080, this is a massive guess it will be around £700 which makes sense for 5-10% performance increase. therefore 3080's will still hold it's value. The 4080 will be around £900 possibly more if it's on par with 3090. They will probably bring out 4060 equiv next year but where that sits performance is anyone guess.

If they do that I will either go AMD or skip a gen. What’s the point. Doubt they will though.

Highly unlikely too imo.

If they do, I'll most likely skip entirely as can't see amd beating amperes RT performance by much, if at all, that and FSR 2 is still not there yet. Couldn't care less about rasterization performance now, it's probably easier and quicker to list games that don't have ray tracing these days (at least ones that I am interested in playing) so if a 4070 or 4080 can provide me an extra 30+ fps in likes of cp 2077 and dl 2, that's a pretty good increase there, it will bring me from 60/70 fps to 90/100 fps, which is much more enjoyable on high refresh displays.

People get too hung up on said companies practices, how they work and morals, I get it, I was the same years ago but at the end of the day, if you think z other company has your back, you're being delusional and the only person you are really hurting is yourself by missing out on a product that might very well be better suited for you. Forget the politics and just buy what suits your needs best at the time :)

i can't see the 4070 being cheaper than a 3080, this is a massive guess it will be around £700 which makes sense for 5-10% performance increase. therefore 3080's will still hold it's value. The 4080 will be around £900 possibly more if it's on par with 3090. They will probably bring out 4060 equiv next year but where that sits performance is anyone guess.

People said the same before the 3070 was announced....

Reactions: TNA
They will be terrible value if that's the case, i doubt it. Anything less than a 30-40% performance increase (average generational uplift) will not be good.

Good Lord, I wouldn’t touch it with a 10 foot barge pole if there’s any truth in that.

Preposterous. People would laugh in Nvidia‘s face

Reactions: TNA
Why get so uptight over the tiers and numbers said cards have attached to them? :p

Just buy what matches your needs, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love a gpu offering 3090 levels of perf. for £500, if people won't buy that card just because it has a 50 on the end instead of a 70/80 or whatever then lol, that is all :p :D

What the garbage Tier :p

Garbage Tier £300
Low Tier £500
Mid range £800
High end £1,200
Whale Tier £2,500

Sounds like a bargain :D

I am not a fan of higher tier prices either, but I actually do not mind the way nvidia do it. Just look at the 3090. 15% extra performance over a 3080 for over double the price lol.

As for low and garbage tier, if low tier is 3090 performance and garbage tier is 3070 performance then I do not see the problem.

Well I guess I fall into garbage tier as I just refuse to pay silly prices.

Anyone else still hanging on to a rx580/980 or equivalent should be able to at least double performance, while using significantly less power in this upcoming gen, and hopefully for a reasonable garbage tier price.

At this rate, and assuming the world doesn't implode from the next looming crisis, I should be on track for a subsequent GPU upgrade sometime in 2028! (I'm excited!)

Companies can arbitrarily name their cards whatever thay want. It's marketing.

If they can get people to spend more money for status, while bumping their margins, they will.

I would rather have an over-performing, well-priced card than an overpriced, weak card that's marketed with a cool-sounding name.

"Tier" and "class" have no relevance. I have pixels I want to push, and money in the bank I am willing to spend to accomplish the task.

Low-tier, small e-peen card that outperforms the 3090Ti by 50% or more for a good price? I'll buy.

Top-tier, big e-peen card that drip-feeds a little bump in performance and rips me off on price, (like the 2080Ti)? I'll sit on my wallet like I did for Turing.

Companies can arbitrarily name their cards whatever thay want. It's marketing.

If they can get people to spend more money for status, while bumping their margins, they will.

I would rather have an over-performing, well-priced card than an overpriced, weak card that's marketed with a cool-sounding name.

"Tier" and "class" have no relevance. I have pixels I want to push, and money in the bank I am willing to spend to accomplish the task.

Low-tier, small e-peen card that outperforms the 3090Ti by 50% or more for a good price? I'll buy.

Top-tier, big e-peen card that drip-feeds a little bump in performance and rips me off on price, (like the 2080Ti)? I'll sit on my wallet like I did for Turing.

Exactly. Few understand :p :cry:

It never fails to amaze me how on the internet you can clearly state that you judge something based on 3 criteria and then people come along and pick two of them for their argument. It's almost as if few understood what I wrote. ;)

What is the relvance of "tier" beyond e-peen?

If price and performance ar good, why should I be concerned with "tier"?
A x70 card would cost (let's say) under $400 and perform like the previous x80ti card.

Next gen, not counting tier would mean that if they have plenty of performance, instead of giving you that x70 card for under $400 as per usual, that will hit way higher than previous x80ti card, would only give you the x60 card which will be around previous x80ti performance but now priced at $400 or more (because inflation, new process and other reasons fans make up for their beloved IHV).

So, tier also means not jacking up prices like they did with previous gen(s).

In a way I'm hopping to be greedy and fail spectacularly so they learn a lesson thoroughly. :)

What is the relvance of "tier" beyond e-peen?

If price and performance ar good, why should I be concerned with "tier"?
If the entry level for pc gaming was a £700 you but it ran circles round the 3090 do you think that it is a good gpu?

I would say no because it prices many people out of the market.

Anyone else still hanging on to a rx580/980 or equivalent should be able to at least double performance, while using significantly less power in this upcoming gen, and hopefully for a reasonable garbage tier price.
With you on the performance front. Power.. nah - my 1060 is going to be hard to beat, I'm expecting roughly twice the power draw.

Back
Top Bottom