• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I only jumped on 4k last year personally, as I felt it's only the last couple of years that 4k monitors got decent pixel response, refresh rate etc.
Yea thats what i thought?

I doubt many have 4k monitors, nevermind gamin at 4k 120fps.

So i stand by what i say, high end is still 4k 60fps.

The insane 0.5% of gamers are in the 4k 120fps bracket

Damm when did the goal posts move?

I was laughed at a few years ago when gaming at 4k 60fps and im talking cp 2077 days.

Now the high end is 4k at 120fps?

I doubt the 4000 would do that

The desire to play at 100fps+ has been around for over a decade, when high refresh rate monitors have been avilable available. The 3000 series is what enabled this to be possible at 4K in most games.

4K at 100fps+ is possible on 3090, though either requires DLSS (makes games slightly blurry, so not perfect) or requires lowering some settings (shadows, RT) to medium etc.

4k with some settings lowered still looks way better than 1440P ultra to my eyes.

I thought you unilaterally agreed to disagree? Why do keep popping back up?

Ah, don’t be like that Chuky :p;)

Damm when did the goal posts move?

I was laughed at a few years ago when gaming at 4k 60fps and im talking cp 2077 days.

Now the high end is 4k at 120fps?

I doubt the 4000 would do that

Each to their own. I would not worry about what others say. If 60fps is fine for you then who cares what Dave or others may say?

Poor PS5 users stuck on 30fps unless they want to lower image quality to hit 60fps in performance mode. How must they feel? :p

4k with some settings lowered still looks way better than 1440P ultra to my eyes.

Agreed. Even though I am not on 4K anymore, I had a 4K monitor for like 7+ years and every time I tested it with a 1440p monitor next to it I found this to be the case.

I will eventually go back to 4K once they release a OLED monitor like the one I have, because OLED and proper HDR that comes with it makes an even bigger difference to image quality. I would love 27” or max 32” 4K QD-OLED monitor.

That's exactly the kind of jump in RT I would love to see :cool: But not expecting it to be quite as much as that....

I am actually hoping for RT performance to double.

Anyone expecting to pay less than we saw last generation for the 4000 series cards is in for a rude awakening.
I guess it depends on what Nvidia is expecting.

If you look at what happened to the 3090Ti, it seems Nvidia has had a rather rude awakening.

Maybe they will learn from it. Maybe not.

The desire to play at 100fps+ has been around for over a decade, when high refresh rate monitors have been avilable available. The 3000 series is what enabled this to be possible at 4K in most games.

4K at 100fps+ is possible on 3090, though either requires DLSS (makes games slightly blurry, so not perfect) or requires lowering some settings (shadows, RT) to medium etc.

not if you play on 27 inch 1440p screen :) on desktop at 4K on that size yeah I can see its more sharper in gaming its not worth the extra FPS drop with hardly any difference in quality

32-34+ inch 4K with nice headroom over 100fps would be nice :)

Anyone expecting to pay less than we saw last generation for the 4000 series cards is in for a rude awakening.
Nvidia shareholders are in for a rude awakening more like when people won't buy them apart from a few rich people.

No miners.
No scalpers.
Gamers don't even need them apart from to own the latest thing.

Nearly every country is in a recession and has issues anyway GPU will be the last thing on most peoples minds...

Nvidia say the average GPU price should be the same price as a console.... so 4070ti should be like 400 quid or something at most

Source
Jensen Huang

I would say that without crypto dynamic, the mix would go down. However, the overall trend long term, the ASP is drifting up. And the way to think about that is a game console, when -- my first game console was $99. Lately, game consoles are selling for about $599. And the reason for that is because it’s more useful than ever. You use your gaming console for your greatest form of entertainment, and you use it for a very, very long time. And GeForce essentially is a game console inside your PC. And we’ve always believed that the ASP of GeForce should drift towards the average selling price of a game console. And so it should be something along the lines of $500 or so roughly at this time.

Nvidia shareholders are in for a rude awakening more like when people won't buy them apart from a few rich people.

No miners.
No scalpers.
Gamers don't even need them apart from to own the latest thing.

Nearly every country is in a recession and has issues anyway GPU will be the last thing on most peoples minds...

Nvidia say the average GPU price should be the same price as a console.... so 4070ti should be like 400 quid or something at most

Source
Unfortunately with the pound currently in the gutter we could be looking at £100-£200 more against the dollar price. A 4070 could easily be £600 and they blame the exchange rate.

Unfortunately with the pound currently in the gutter we could be looking at £100-£200 more against the dollar price. A 4070 could easily be £600 and they blame the exchange rate.
just an excuse to rip people off as long as the cards are made outside of USA.

ps5 in USA seems to be around 550USD and in the UK around 449

Jensen is gonna regret saying the average price of geforce should be the same as a console, also shows 3000 series was atleast 2-4x over priced

just an excuse to rip people off as long as the cards are made outside of USA.

ps5 in USA seems to be around 550USD and in the UK around 449

Jensen is gonna regret saying the average price of geforce should be the same as a console, also shows 3000 series was atleast 2-4x over priced
They can easily price a 4050 or 4060 that offers equivalent performance on par with a PS5 which will be no good for us gamers running 100Hz+ displays at high resolutions.

They can easily price a 4050 or 4060 that offers equivalent performance on par with a PS5 which will be no good for us gamers running 100Hz+ displays at high resolutions.
is 4050 and 4060 considered average or low end.

I'ma assume he meant "mid end" when he says the average price of a geforce which would in most peoples minds be atleast a 4060ti and probably a 4070

he never mentioned equivalent performance, or they might as well be selling like 10year old GPUs for £500

Back
Top Bottom