• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I think £750-800 will be my budget, reckon 3080 will still hold it's value very well given it is the most sought after gpu this gen, especially if there is a shortage again...... So it won't be like I'm out the full £750-800, maybe £400-450 for an upgrade, not too shabby at all imo, in fact, it will be less since the 3080 only cost me like £300 by the time I sold on old gpus and COD :p

Nvidia shareholders are in for a rude awakening more like when people won't buy them apart from a few rich people.

No miners.
No scalpers.
Gamers don't even need them apart from to own the latest thing.

Nearly every country is in a recession and has issues anyway GPU will be the last thing on most peoples minds...

Nvidia say the average GPU price should be the same price as a console.... so 4070ti should be like 400 quid or something at most

Source
Jensen Huang

I would say that without crypto dynamic, the mix would go down. However, the overall trend long term, the ASP is drifting up. And the way to think about that is a game console, when -- my first game console was $99. Lately, game consoles are selling for about $599. And the reason for that is because it’s more useful than ever. You use your gaming console for your greatest form of entertainment, and you use it for a very, very long time. And GeForce essentially is a game console inside your PC. And we’ve always believed that the ASP of GeForce should drift towards the average selling price of a game console. And so it should be something along the lines of $500 or so roughly at this time.

So Nvidia are going to throw in a CPU and storage too then?

Guess we'll see after release, but currently it looks like something has gone wrong with N5 at least for Nvidia. For the a near doubling in transistors and apparently a large increase in power across the board, the performance seems disappointing.

Video which touches on it. Personally I am happy to wait for reviews on release as we know that AMD is aiming for a 50% performance/watt increase which is a good uplift, https://youtu.be/Ktzdxm-b4bg

Problem is in what area are they referring to? Rasterization? It's their RT department that they need to start focussing on as currently ampere destroys RDNA 2 in terms of performance per power consumption.

Wait until you guys find out about VR... Dual 4k outputs needing 72fps minimum, preferably 120...

I had a whirl in the past with Oculus and the HP headsets. I plan on waiting for a good few more years for things to progress before I jump back in. Want fully wireless with much better IQ.

I had a whirl in the past with Oculus and the HP headsets. I plan on waiting for a good few more years for things to progress before I jump back in. Want fully wireless with much better IQ.
I agree I got 3080 It great for 1440p gaming do not need anything more, It runs Iracing 1440p triples over 120FPS, It does enough, having another 20 or 30% extra is in no mans land for me, Will not make much difference to my flat screen needs, but it not enough to revolutionalise VR My HP V2 will still pay everything at 90fps, What it wont be no good for is say the next gen of headsets like those chines ultrawide ones, you would still need more horspower. when I can have at least 120 degrees 4k per eye Is at least 2 generations away.

I agree I got 3080 It great for 1440p gaming do not need anything more, It runs Iracing 1440p triples over 120FPS, It does enough, having another 20 or 30% extra is in no mans land for me, Will not make much difference to my flat screen needs, but it not enough to revolutionalise VR My HP V2 will still pay everything at 90fps, What it wont be no good for is say the next gen of headsets like those chines ultrawide ones, you would still need more horspower. when I can have at least 120 degrees 4k per eye Is at least 2 generations away.

Yeah. I am in no rush to jump back into VR anyway. Had my fun and played all best games it has to offer. Not like must play games come out all the time. Can easily wait 5 years or more for something that is truly step up to come out that is not priced silly to come out.

That will always depend how far the games are pushed visually. Older graphics should be able to push 4k/eye at 120fps or whatever settings.

Stock is sitting on shelves because you might as well see what is announced late September/October. If there is any delay or the leaked price is bad. I bet those new 3000 series cards start to sell again.

Well in nVidias Q2 earnings call, it sounds like there won't be any 4000 cards released until next year.
It sounded to me like he was being intentionally ambiguous about it. He needed to calm investors without futher tanking 3000 series sales. He certainly couldn't just come out and say when the new cards are launching.

"Going into 2023 with 4000 series"? Nvidia went into 2022 with Ampere...even though they were already launched before 2022.

Either way, AMD is promising a 50% performance per watt over RDNA2, so AMD may just beat Nvidia to my wallet if Nvidia doesn't wants to drag their feet.

Reactions: TNA
It sounded to me like he was being intentionally ambiguous about it. He needed to calm investors without futher tanking 3000 series sales. He certainly couldn't just come out and say when the new cards are launching.

"Going into 2023 with 4000 series"? Nvidia went into 2022 with Ampere...even though they were already launched before 2022.

Either way, AMD is promising a 50% performance per watt over RDNA2, so AMD may just beat Nvidia to my wallet if Nvidia doesn't wants to drag their feet.

Also Sounds like the 4000 series could be priced above the 3000 series.

Also Sounds like the 4000 series could be priced above the 3000 series.
No I dont think so.

After watched Apple keynote 1 hour ago, iPhone 14 128GB price $799 which is same as last year iPhone 13 128GB launch price, iPhone 14 Plus 128GB price $899 which is same as last year iPhone 13 Plus 128GB launch price, iPhone 14 Pro 128GB price $999 which is same as last year iPhone 13 Pro 128GB launch price and iPhone 14 Max 128GB price $1099 which is same as last year iPhone 13 Max 128GB launch price.

I think Nvidia will do the same thing Apple did today with RTX 4000 series. RTX 4070 should price $499 to match RTX 3070 launch price, RTX 4080 should price $699 to match RTX 3080 launch price and RTX 4090 should price $1499 to match RTX 3090 launch price or maybe $1099 for RTX 4090 and $1499 for RTX 4090 Ti.

I think Nvidia will do the same thing Apple did today with RTX 4000 series. RTX 4070 should price $499 to match RTX 3070 launch price, RTX 4080 should price $699 to match RTX 3080 launch price and RTX 4090 should price $1499 to match RTX 3090 launch price or maybe $1099 for RTX 4090 and $1499 for RTX 4090 Ti.
I agree with you for the most part, however this would mean that the *only* card they could release at the same price point would be the 4090 since 3090's have fallen in price the most from their original MSRP. They could slide the 4090 in at $1599 but that would be it. 4080's released at even $999 would destroy any chance of selling through the existing supply in the channel (without further massive markdowns on 3080 and 3090 class cards).

Which is why I think they will only launch the 4090 this year @ $1599 and the 4070's and 4080's will not launch until Q1 2023.

The wildcard will be AMD. IF they launch their 7700, 7800 AND 7900 class cards then I'm not sure what nvidia will do. The unknown factor is how much volume of 6700/6800/6900 class cards is still stuck in the market.

RTX 40 launch in 12 days!

12 days to go!

RTX 40 launch in 12 days!

12 days to go!

Beyond what I can afford, no doubt!

Back
Top Bottom