• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

RTX 40 launch in 12 days!

12 days to go!
Well, I just sold my car so should just about be able to afford a 4090. :D

12 days to go!
Is there anything to suggest it could be something else? Should be the new GPUs though.

12 days to go!
Microsoft did it better.

12 days to go!

I11jnUj.png

With you on the performance front. Power.. nah - my 1060 is going to be hard to beat, I'm expecting roughly twice the power draw.

At 2x perf I think it should at least equal the power draw of the 1060, if not improve on it I would hope.

TPU have the 1060 around 120W avg gaming power consumption.
3050 which is about 40% faster is 130W.

3060 at double perf is about 180W
3060ti at 2.5x about 200W
These 2 with larger vram/bus further increasing power consumption for these models.

Reactions: HRL
I agree I got 3080 It great for 1440p gaming do not need anything more, It runs Iracing 1440p triples over 120FPS, It does enough, having another 20 or 30% extra is in no mans land for me, Will not make much difference to my flat screen needs, but it not enough to revolutionalise VR My HP V2 will still pay everything at 90fps, What it wont be no good for is say the next gen of headsets like those chines ultrawide ones, you would still need more horspower. when I can have at least 120 degrees 4k per eye Is at least 2 generations away.

Yeah, I think the 4070 is the card to beat, the 4080/4090 series are increasingly looking like a product waiting for a game to use them for and with the heat/power consumption looking a bit wild, the 4070 will again hit the sweet spot, would'nt really want one with 10gb vram though.

AMD 7850 (or whatever it turns out to be) and the 4070 are going to be some cards, assuming nvidia don't gimp theirs with 10gb.

It is estimated that the middle tower may not be able to fit, and it is impossible to take pictures
Impossible to take pictures but looks like photos of a monitor okay then

Will this be a real or paper launch ?
Guess it will be real launch for RTX 4090. RTX 4080 and RTX 4070 could launch later.

Some retailers now listing Gigabyte RTX 4090 WindForce 3X, Gigabyte RTX 4090 GAMING OC and Gigabyte RTX 4090 AORUS Master.

Looks quite the beast the 40xx if the 4090 is anything to go by and that's only dx 12 too?! Imagine the RT improvements.....

With AMD at long last matching dlss now with fsr 2.1, the only reason I will go nvidia is for RT but if RDNA 3 matches/beats 40xx for RT then I'll probably switch back to amd, shame amd are launching a month later though iirc?

Back
Top Bottom