• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
Something odd I noticed, normally in desktop use my GPU fans aren't on, I noticed today they were. NVIIDA overlay report that GPU utilisation at 0% which is correct, but it's drawing 66w and clock speed is at 2625 constant.

Edit: Saw I had NVCP to max performance, disabled it, restarted and back to normal 30w/300ish mhz

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Seems a little high for idle power? My 4090 is 12 watts idle, 19 watts just dossing about web browsing/youtube etc. The average wattage reported by HWINFO is 25W over the current power on session which s a few days elapsed.

Caporegime
Seems a little high for idle power? My 4090 is 12 watts idle, 19 watts just dossing about web browsing/youtube etc. The average wattage reported by HWINFO is 25W over the current power on session which s a few days elapsed.
Suprim is known for it tbh, hell my 4080 Trinity uses 5/6W at idle and the 4090 Suprim Liquid 46 (fans and pump are off so shouldn't be using this much)!!!! Putting me a little off keeping it tbh, gonna see if I can tweak any settings later to double-check it's right.

Last edited:
Associate
Something odd I noticed, normally in desktop use my GPU fans aren't on, I noticed today they were. NVIIDA overlay report that GPU utilisation at 0% which is correct, but it's drawing 66w and clock speed is at 2625 constant.

Edit: Saw I had NVCP to max performance, disabled it, restarted and back to normal 30w/300ish mhz
I have seen my 4090FE go as low as 3.5W and it actually stays there fairly consistently, although not always that low. I think that may be due to me activating PCIE ASPM (I think that was what it was) for power saving in BIOS.

Soldato
4090 Super?
lol. Someone's trolling.

It was a mistake on their site, The original source confirmed it, I highly doubt Nvidia could keep that one under wraps but let the 4070, 4070 Ti and 4080 Supers info slide out so easily.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom