• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

All Gigabyte models have been leaked by the Eurasian economic commission

• Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS XTREME WATERFORCE (GV-N4090AORUSX W-24GD)
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS XTREME WATERBLOCK (GV-N4090AORUSX WB-24GD)
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS XTREME (GV-N4090AORUS X-24GD)
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS MASTER (GV-N4090AORUS M-24GD)
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS ELITE (GV-N4090AORUS E-24GD)
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC (GV-N4090GAMING OC-24GD)
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING (GV-N4090GAMING-24GD)
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 EAGLE OC (GV-N4090EAGLE OC-24GD)
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 EAGLE (GV-N4090EAGLE-24GD)
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 WINDFORCE 3X OC (GV-N4090WF3OC-24GD)
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 WINDFORCE 3X (GV-N4090WF3-24GD)

You missed one:

• Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 CLOWN EDITION (GV-69TURBO-24GD)

That will be the cheapest one at £1499 apparently.

Speaking of efficiency...

FcOTWD-aQAAQrEP

A bit early to perf/watt charts but how big a jump is Samsung 8nnm to TSMC 5nm in terms of node?

Density-wise a quick google gets me:
Samsung 8nm: 44.56 m Tr/mm²
TSMC 5nm: 137.60 m Tr/mm²
So that's over three times as dense.

TSMC's 5nm is expensive so I suspect the design criteria for mid-range at least was (for both Nvidia and AMD - although Jenson is the one who likes to have an O'Leary type rant about the $/transistors), was small but high clocks.

And the perf/watt from the speculation does hint at that with 4070 downwards being a lot less efficient than we would expect from the node.

That’s one big card.

mK9jzJl.jpg

Well we know one thing for sure now, no SLI/NVLINK fingers on the 4090 :rolleyes:, they learned not to do that this time and stop people buying them for workstations. Well at least for now on the 4090, but knowing Nvidia they may add them on to the 4090 Ti and sell them for £2500-3k just for that feature. That's a lot sales gone down the pan for Nvidia now with the 4090 as they really were targetting people that used them for work and without SLI/NVLINK that's me 100% out even if they were 2x the performance of a 3090, which I don't believe anyways and will be the same uplift as always from gen to gen.

Also looks like a 3.5 to 4 slot card for sure and that rules out NVLINK on most motherboards and even 4 slot spaced boards will probably suffer too and water cooling only way to use them like that. But Nvidia already made the choice for us it seems with no SLI/NVLINK fingers so they basically made everyone wanting them for work based apps to buy A-series now.

A hoverboard with PCIE 4 too and not the fake rumours of PCIE 5 slots. Can work it out from the packaging picture says 4 not 5 threw all the blur.

lVYv13j.png

I’m surprised by that, even if the difference is mostly pointless. You would think it would be PCIE 5, given it already launched with AL and now AM5.

Back
Top Bottom