• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I'm still confident we won't see used 4090s going for £1000 like @TNA says when the 50s come out :p Given the latest leak for 5090 specs, I can't see that card being under £2000, and the 5080 will likely be what the 4090 sells for now new lol. Rough ride ahead for future GPU buyers no doubt.

Yeah I don't think so. At that rate in a few gens graphics cards will cost as much as a electric car or a house.

Only reason that might be the case is AI making Nvidia cocky.

Yet in the only actual sales data we have AMD are winning on sales, maybe internet cafes are are heavily skewing steam results in favor of Nvidia as said in the article.

We wouldn't be getting an RTX refresh if things were all rosy.

Screenshot-716.png
This doesnt make any sense, even on technical forums like this one Nvidia has overwhelming majority. To normal folks AMD GPU does not exist. Ask Gibbo for sales figures ;)

You dare doubt what Jensen is capable of?!

Lol. It is like you are hoping Jensen keeps your card relevant. Kaapstad may havr thought that too when he kept buying those Titans. One he got was like £2500 or something :cry:

In a couple of gens 4090 will be a 6060 Ti :cry:

This doesnt make any sense, even on technical forums like this one Nvidia has overwhelming majority. To normal folks AMD GPU does not exist. Ask Gibbo for sales figures ;)
I wouldn't be so sure, even on here RDNA3 seems to be very popular.

I wouldn't be so sure, even on here RDNA3 seems to be very popular.

This forum is a pretty small sample, the average joes will outweigh the enthusiasts massively.

This forum is a pretty small sample, the average joes will outweigh the enthusiasts massively.
Still it backs up the only actual sales data we have. for all we know with steam, internet cafes in china and the far east especially may account for a large representation of the Nvidia figures, you could have over 500 people coming in per week using the same few nvidia GPUs.

Last edited:
Lol. It is like you are hoping Jensen keeps your card relevant. Kaapstad may havr thought that too when he kept buying those Titans. One he got was like £2500 or something :cry:

In a couple of gens 4090 will be a 6060 Ti :cry:

There's no need to hope, current gen cards from both AMD and Nvidia are not like last gen's cards, they have a lot of room to continue to be performant, but only if game devs actually implement technologies properly and not half-arse them like we have been seeing all too often. I don't really care about keeping the 4090 relevant, I got it at RRP and then minus 20% for the VAT back. It's effectively paid for itself in the workloads I've been able to do with it since purchase anyway and anything now is just bonus gaming experience which I'm all ok with :p

Nvidia isn't going to be making the 20/30 series mistake again though that much is clear! The prices will seemingly stay high as we have no sign in recent times of prices going down for new cards, only going up, even though the mining boom is a bum road and has been for some time.. Nvidia now have full focus on AI acceleration too and that is an area where GPU prices could always remain high going forwards as GPU mining always had a limited shelf-life, whereas AI acceleration seems to e in virtually everything and is quite obviously goig to be a part of the next generation of game engines with generative AI playing a role in NPC interactions (Ramen Bar/Matrix UE5 etc).

Didn't Jensen even say that it's all about AI now in a recent even iirc, and AMD are investing big on AI acceleration too.

RT is fantastic indeed you turn it off and you get so many frames for no visual difference.
Hmmmm.

https://imgsli.com/MjMwMzQx/0/1 (link fixed to correct example)

Last edited:
20a nd 30 series mistakes were pricing for the top models vs the actual performance of the slightly not so top models being only a small % behind them whilst being a lot cheaper, if you could get one in stock though.

Back
Top Bottom