• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

So AMD...
3ac7b8f1-5b84-4468-9e0c-02d0e5fd0492_text.gif

Place your bets folks. I can see the 7900XT going sub £700 again and more 7800XTs going sub £500. *IF they want to not be thrashed by Jensen.

Last edited:
So AMD...
3ac7b8f1-5b84-4468-9e0c-02d0e5fd0492_text.gif

Place your bets folks. I can see the 7900XT going sub £700 again and more 7800XTs going sub £500. *IF they want to not be thrashed by Jensen.
Mean plenty of 7800xt did go for under 500, the hell hound did.

And that line did really well according to a German retailer.

The issue is, it's still all over priced, I don't care who's cheaper when it's all still expensive.

Yet again few game teasers and they kept mention on AI capabilities for gaming GPU's. That's the selling point for wider range of consumers hence they keep prices still prescalped on their favour.

TBH, AMD and modders have sprung new life into my 3080 with the FG mod :cry: So it is definetly more possible to hold on longer now :cry:

I'm really hoping we see more of that gen ai for narrative though as well as seeing it evolve, imagine being able to play a game with truely different outcomes and actions, that is absolutely game changing.

I'll wait for whatever matches the 4090 in the 5XXX series. Still crazy how much pricing went up from the 3XXX series.
Thinking the same but dread to think what they will charge for the next gen, I understand 4090s are particularly popular with the AI crowd so I see the 5090 going higher and it dragging up everything else along with it in price.......

Thinking the same but dread to think what they will charge for the next gen, I understand 4090s are particularly popular with the AI crowd so I see the 5090 going higher and it dragging up everything else along with it in price.......
Unfortunately, until there’s true competition, Nvidia will get away with charging what they want.

By bringing down the 4080 price I reckon it’s setup so that they can charge 300-500 more for the 5080.

Unfortunately, until there’s true competition, Nvidia will get away with charging what they want.

By bringing down the 4080 price I reckon it’s setup so that they can charge 300-500 more for the 5080.

Just wait for the 4080 Ti yet and 4090 Ti pricing. Then we may even get a 4080 Ti SUPER and a 4090 Ti SUPER. They have not finished yet with 40 series. That way to make sure 50 series starts high again.

Yet again few game teasers and they kept mention on AI capabilities for gaming GPU's. That's the selling point for wider range of consumers hence they keep prices still prescalped on their favour.
AMD will be doing the exact same, they have recently announced they are investing big on AI as well.

"Enhanced Broadcasting beta testers will be able to experiment with higher-input bit rates, up to 4K resolutions, up to 5 concurrent streams, as well as new codecs. The new codecs include the latest-generation AV1 for GeForce RTX 40 Series GPUs, which provides 40% more encoding efficiency than H.264, and HEVC for previous-generation GeForce GPUs.

To simplify set up, Enhanced Broadcasting will automatically configure all OBS encoder settings, including resolution, bit rate and encoding parameters. A server-side algorithm will return the best possible configuration for OBS Studio based on the streamer’s setup, taking the headaches out of tuning settings for the best viewer experiences.

Using the dedicated NVENC hardware encoder, streamers can achieve the highest quality video across streaming bitrates, with minimal impact to app and game performance.

Sign up for the Twitch Enhanced Broadcasting beta today at twitch.tv/broadcast. Twitch will enroll participants on a first-come, first-served basis, starting later this month"

Back
Top Bottom