• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

According to Nvidia they will will be releasing 5000 series in Q4 which starts in October, Depending on what the competition is doing, If AMD and Intel don't offer anything competitive at the upper mid to high end we likely won't see a release until Q1-2025 so it'll likely be a similar release time frame with the 4000 Super series to 5000 series.
I hope not, I recently only managed to get a 4090 and cost me arm and a leg.

I hope AMD and intel can compete but in all seriousness neither company can. AMD have not been able to close the gap and intel has no hope. We are lucky if AMD can continue to make cards for a few more years. I suspect even higher GPU prices in 2024/2025.
£2000-£3000 for high end cards and £1000-£1500 for mid range cards, I hope I am wrong but I just got this feeling and business don't tend to charge fair prices but rather what prices market is willing to absorb and gamers are like sponges

Last edited:
Assuming that there will be FE models available for the Super variants, the situation is quite a bit better than it was for the RTX 3000 series reference models.

Last edited:
To clarify, there's no 4070 Ti SUPER Founders
That sucks. I hope we will see Super aib cards at MSRP.

Probably the only Nvidia card I would consider (if building a new PC now) at the moment is the cheapest RTX 4070 Super:

But the RX 7800 XT is simply better value, especially if you can get a 3 fan card for £500 - I think there was deal at this price ~ a week ago.

And a 2 fan version for ~£450.

A GTX 1080 was around £440 when my brother got one a bit after launch, so really not bad prices.

You pay quite a bit for that RTX branding :D

Last edited:
Last edited:
Assuming that there will be FE models available for the Super variants, the situation is quite a bit better than it was for the RTX 3000 series reference models.

Yep, need to remember that most people have already bought a 4000 series or 7000 series card and are just waiting for next gen or skipping a gen altogether. There isn't that big of an improvement for the super refresh to warrant ditching your existing same tier cards for them. This is solely for people who held on for 5000 or 8000 series next gen cards, it's a hard choice to make.

4080 users are not gonna run out and ditch their cards at a huge loss only to get a 5% bump in performance.

Last edited:
Is there a big step up between a 3080FE and a 4070Ti? On paper there is, but in Cyberpunk during certain locations/scenes I am only getting 23fps @1440p with all settings on high, and I want to be getting at least 60fps.
This is on a Ryzen 5 7600, Asus B650 and 32GB DDR5.

Is there a big step up between a 3080FE and a 4070Ti? On paper there is, but in Cyberpunk during certain locations/scenes I am only getting 23fps @1440p with all settings on high, and I want to be getting at least 60fps.
I run a 4070ti at 3440x1400 with DLSS Qualify + FG with path tracing and never go below 60 expect that market which is known to cause low FPS.

This is with a 5800x (non-3D) so you should have similar if not identical performance.

I don't think it is enough of a perf bump but if you don't mind the latency from frame gen then that would help a lot in CP2077

According to Nvidia they will will be releasing 5000 series in Q4 which starts in October, Depending on what the competition is doing, If AMD and Intel don't offer anything competitive at the upper mid to high end we likely won't see a release until Q1-2025 so it'll likely be a similar release time frame with the 4000 Super series to 5000 series.

According to Nvidia or according to MLID? Big difference :cry:

Back
Top Bottom