• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

I reckon the 5080 will be back over 1k but will also depend on whether AMD come to the party.

With a 3080 I’d see no reason to not wait for the 5XXX series unless it’s hobby money, but then I’d say get the 4090 and be done with it.

Even if you paid £650 for the 3080 and could sell for £300, then pay the difference for the FE? Would then cost the same amount I paid for the 3080 for quite a considerable gain in performance?

Last edited:
It's a £700 card tops, for the MBA version. It's £796 or thereabouts for it on their store on sale from £840 odds, still needs to come down quite a bit more. £700 for that, £800 for XTX.
Agreed, I think it's possible.

The RX 7900 XT is already at £731 on one website I've seen.

Last edited:

This will bring in a lot of anew Zotac owners no doubt.
"Zotac will offer Trinity Black Edition and Twin Edge versions of its GeForce RTX 4070 Super, GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Super, and GeForce RTX 4080 Super graphics cards at Nvidia-set MSRPs: $599, $799, and $999, respectively. Meanwhile, factory-overclocked Trinity Black Edition OC, Trinity White Edition OC, Twin Edge OC, and AMP-badged graphics boards will be sold at a premium, the company announced."

Last edited:
"Zotac will offer Trinity Black Edition and Twin Edge versions of its GeForce RTX 4070 Super, GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Super, and GeForce RTX 4080 Super graphics cards at Nvidia-set MSRPs: $599, $799, and $999, respectively. Meanwhile, factory-overclocked Trinity Black Edition OC, Trinity White Edition OC, Twin Edge OC, and AMP-badged graphics boards will be sold at a premium, the company announced."
OC5DsGZ.gif

Giving serious thought to replacing my 3080FE with a 4080 Super FE, given I'm unlikely to upgrade the GPU for maybe 3 years it looks like its a sizeable jump in performance if not in value.

Currently running 1440p 240hz monitor.
Considering you could probably sell your 3080FE for 450-500 then it would mean just 500 quid for a 4080 Super FE which, if it was me, I'd consider definitely worth it.

Considering you could probably sell your 3080FE for 450-500 then it would mean just 500 quid for a 4080 Super FE which, if it was me, I'd consider definitely worth it.

They’ll struggle to get more than £400 for a 3080 now.

Maybe selling locally or on eBay (then there’s fees).

Last one on the MM went for £380.

Even if you paid £650 for the 3080 and could sell for £300, then pay the difference for the FE? Would then cost the same amount I paid for the 3080 for quite a considerable gain in performance?
Guess it depends on your requirements. I’m planning on getting a 4K screen this year so would rather wait for the 5XXX series.

They’ll struggle to get more than £400 for a 3080 now.

Maybe selling locally or on eBay (then there’s fees).

Last one on the MM went for £380.
True - I was basing that value on eBay but hadn't considered eBay's lovely fees they apply. I sold a Scuf controller for 147 on eBay before Christmas and my payout from eBay was 127...

Looks like CeX will give 405 depending on condition - so yeah think you're spot on about 400 being the value.

For me, I still thinkin selling for 400 and buying a 4080 for around 600 would be worth it.

Last edited:
4080 S still overpriced for me, needs to be another 100-200 cheaper especially when looking at what I paid for my 3080FE And any performance gains. However if they are selling the 4080s for 1,000 then I wonder if the 5080 will be slightly cheaper as it’s not a super. Possibly a way for Nvidia to reprice future 80 tier cards without looking like they completely got it wrong price wise previously, but I may just be waiting for pigs to fly
I think this is exactly what will happen, in many ways it was similar to when Nvidia tested the waters at $2k with the 3090ti but found it sold poorly and had to cut the price a few months later they then set the MSRP $400 lower for the 4090.

Back
Top Bottom