• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Because the *80 has always been the main part and launched in first wave?
Seems not this time and pretty much all of the media is reporting the same information so if you keep up to to date it shouldn't be a surprise. As I said, it makes sound business sense from Nvidias side to release the most fastest and most expensive card first to maximise potential sales and it's likely this will now be a thing going forward.

Even I'm kind of shocked at those potential release dates, I did think there would be abit of delay to try and milk the 3 series.

They overproduced trying to milk the cow. The two other factors now being:
1) The average gamer doesnt want to spend what the 'market' thinks is the new going rate.. and
2) Those that did buy current gen all have the hardware so there is only a finite pool of people to sell to.

For such a large company lauded for its business acumen, they obviously didnt read the market well at all and dropped a ball now holding massive inventory that wont shift.

As I said, it makes sound business sense from Nvidias side to release the most fastest and most expensive card first to maximise potential sales and it's likely this will now be a thing going forward.
I'm more surprised that they didn't do this sooner. It was always weird to me that the xx80 would drop and then a few months down the line the xx80ti would join the party.

Even I'm kind of shocked at those potential release dates, I did think there would be abit of delay to try and milk the 3 series.
I see rumours floating about of a 3000 refresh for the lower end cards coinciding with thye launch of the 4000 series. I want this to fail so badly. I hope it blows up in their face. I want them to be raked over the coals if they try anything funny with pricing. I hope every tech channel lambast them.

I'm more surprised that they didn't do this sooner. It was always weird to me that the xx80 would drop and then a few months down the line the xx80ti would join the party.

Actually that was normal because they had time to cherry pick the better bins and update the design. I thought the Ti were always later following in the series.

I see rumours floating about of a 3000 refresh for the lower end cards coinciding with thye launch of the 4000 series. I want this to fail so badly. I hope it blows up in their face. I want them to be raked over the coals if they try anything funny with pricing. I hope every tech channel lambast them.
Depends on how they price. If they jack up 4000 series hugely, then leave 3000 series prices untouched, I agree. But if they make 4000 series competitively priced and then make 3000 series very competitively priced, then I'm all for it. The more pressure Nvidia put on AMD and Intel to deliver decent price/performance the better, imho.

Depends on how they price. If they jack up 4000 series hugely, then leave 3000 series prices untouched, I agree. But if they make 4000 series competitively priced and then make 3000 series very competitively priced, then I'm all for it. The more pressure Nvidia put on AMD and Intel to deliver decent price/performance the better, imho.

Didn't nvidia do this before, wasn't it with the 7xx upon 9xx release? Also because amd were very competitively pricing their gpus too but iirc, there were some massive drops on the 780/780ti to make way for the 9xx series.

I'm in no rush for a new gpu atm, not playing anything demanding currently so can wait till November or even next year if needs be.

Look at the very generous deals that Nvidia has given us on the EOL 3000 series and ask yourself which of the two you have listed is most likely going to happen.

Who knows maybe having the cake they offered us being thrown in their face might make them reconsider.

Look at the very generous deals that Nvidia has given us on the EOL 3000 series and ask yourself which of the two you have listed is most likely going to happen.

Who knows maybe having the cake they offered us being thrown in their face might make them reconsider.

Are AMD any better with their EOL rdna 2 gpus though? :confused: Having just a quick look at ocuk cheapest offerings (not including b grade), price difference seems where it should be i.e. much the same as MSRP difference at launch too:

6900xt - £750
3090 - £950 (with spiderman)

6800xt - £650
3080 (with spiderman) - £690

6800 - £530
6700xt - £428
3070 - £500

Are AMD any better with their EOL rdna 2 gpus though? :confused: Having just a quick look at ocuk cheapest offerings (not including b grade), price difference seems where it should be i.e. much the same as MSRP difference at launch too:

6900xt - £750
3090 - £950 (with spiderman)

6800xt - £650
3080 (with spiderman) - £690

6800 - £530
6700xt - £428
3070 - £500
Ahh trying to deflect blame from Nvidia, by use of whataboutism. Except it is irrelevant to Nvidia and the pricing of their new cards. It comes across as desperate attempt to shield Nvidia from criticism. What was that saying about companies and friends again?

Also Nvidia literally set up an entire promotional plan for their "deal". Please link me to AMD promotional video for their deal.

Ahh trying to deflect blame from Nvidia, by use of whataboutism. Except it is irrelevant to Nvidia and the pricing of their new cards. It comes across as desperate attempt to shield Nvidia from criticism. What was that saying about companies and friends again?

Also Nvidia literally set up an entire promotional plan for their "deal". Please link me to AMD promotional video for their deal.

No it's just the same old "nvidia bad" rhetoric from yourself and thinking that amd aren't capable of doing similar yet when you look at the facts i.e. those links above, you seem to think only nvidia are capable of doing this? Your words:

Look at the very generous deals that Nvidia has given us on the EOL 3000 series

Why not state that for amd too given their prices are also in the same bracket? By your logic, surely rdna 2 should be going for £200 less now? Or even less?

Has the price of the 40xx been confirmed yet? I can't see anything except leaks and to use the pricing of the top tier flagship is silly as we all know, amd and especially nvidia always charge far more for these cards. People thought the same with ampere pricing, low and behold, 3070 and 3080 pricing was fantastic (hence why they were the most popular cards among reviewers and etailers as confirmed by gibbo), people also thought the same with the 7xx series when 9xx was coming out, low and behold, we had bargains on the 7xx and the 9xx was extremely competitive especially with amd deciding the fury x was "premum", in fact, someone dig out gibbos threads to see the reactions to that ;)

If nvidia do this:

If they jack up 4000 series hugely, then leave 3000 series prices untouched

Then of course that is scummy and I will just wait for rdna 3 or skip this gen.

No it's just the same old "nvidia bad" rhetoric from yourself and thinking that amd aren't capable of doing similar yet when you look at the facts i.e. those links above, you seem to think only nvidia are capable of doing this? Your words:

Why not state that for amd too given their prices are also in the same bracket? By your logic, surely rdna 2 should be going for £200 less now? Or even less?
If you actually followed the discussion rather than spent your time moving goal post you would realise that the person I was responding to was talking about Nvidia's GPUs and Nvidia's prices, in the NVIDIA thread.
And when I mentioned generous deals, I was referring to the thread about Nvidia's GPU deals, that Nvidia organised and that NVIDIA sponsored some bakery to take part in.

Last I checked AMD doesn't control what Nvidia does.

But I'm not interested in this dance where I shoot the ball and you quickly move the goal posts.

I am most interested in the potential for the RTX 4090 release price, and if they would dare revise it should any of the RDNA3 cards come close in performance. IIRC it was the GTX 480 or 580 where they dropped the price, and faced a pretty big backlash and had to give out a refund to customers (this was a long time ago so I may have forgot).
They are potentially releasing the highest end product in the stack first, so the price will be high, but if they do a $1500 card, and AMD repeat the $999 card (with less RAM maybe) but this time with a performance to match, will Nvidia drop the price or hold firm to show brand integrity?

Certainly is going to be nail biting for any early adopters (normal gamer types on here I mean) who are not totally blasé about the cost, and want it to hold some value over the next 12-24 month cycle.

I am most interested in the potential for the RTX 4090 release price, and if they would dare revise it should any of the RDNA3 cards come close in performance. IIRC it was the GTX 480 or 580 where they dropped the price, and faced a pretty big backlash and had to give out a refund to customers (this was a long time ago so I may have forgot).
They are potentially releasing the highest end product in the stack first, so the price will be high, but if they do a $1500 card, and AMD repeat the $999 card (with less RAM maybe) but this time with a performance to match, will Nvidia drop the price or hold firm to show brand integrity?

Certainly is going to be nail biting for any early adopters (normal gamer types on here I mean) who are not totally blasé about the cost, and want it to hold some value over the next 12-24 month cycle.
Unless AMD really takes a bite out of Nvidia lunch, I don't see the price dropping. Especially since Nvidia likes to say that the xx90 is aimed at professionals who game. Expect a xx80ti to come out with a more sensible price.

If you actually followed the discussion rather than spent your time moving goal post you would realise that the person I was responding to was talking about Nvidia's GPUs and Nvidia's prices, in the NVIDIA thread.
And when I mentioned generous deals, I was referring to the thread about Nvidia's GPU deals, that Nvidia organised and that NVIDIA sponsored some bakery to take part in.

Last I checked AMD doesn't control what Nvidia does.

But I'm not interested in this dance where I shoot the ball and you quickly move the goal posts.
Ah yes the classic, get called out/debunked so can't debunk the debunker thus resort to the "moving goal posts" rhetoric :D :cry:

Remember folks, nvidia bad!

Maybe there is some truth to this post of yours ;)

I want Nvidia to be cheaper, so i can buy cheap AMD cards:cry:

Back
Top Bottom