• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Don't you see it?

Make this gen $1200 where the previous gen was $700, then make the next one $1000 and people think they are getting a good deal, Nvidia are listening, in reality 2 generation later the price of the ##80 class card has gone from $700 to $1000.
The 3080 was so cheap because Nvidia got the cores for free as the yields were so bad on the 3090 at Samsung

That's not going to be repeated any time soon so get used to it

I still have my 3080 as the 4080 wasn't worth the price/performance difference so it looks like I'm on a 2 gen upgrade instead of upgrading every gen anymore

The 3080 was so cheap because Nvidia got the cores for free as the yields were so bad on the 3090 at Samsung

That's not going to be repeated any time soon so get used to it

I still have my 3080 as the 4080 wasn't worth the price/performance difference so it looks like I'm on a 2 gen upgrade instead of upgrading every gen anymore

You buy less, you save more!

Who wudda thunk it.

Not even gonna guess how much 5000 series will be, it won't be lower than £1000 for a 80 class card though that's for sure. The 5090 might come in at the same price but everything lower down will either stay the same or move up another notch.

We have seen Nvidia rather get slow sales at a much higher price, rather than sell volumes at a lower price. Plus with everything they announced at CES, more resources will be dumped into AI based processing units so could mean less yields for gaming based gpu's. It's all made from the same silicon at the end of the day and there's only so much a manu can produce within an allotted time scale.

4070 Super. What the 4070 should have been on launch
Yeap, finally after 3 and a half years Nvidia has a GPU that beats the 3080 for the same or less than the 3080 cost.

Not by much though.

Screenshot-728.png

Screenshot-730.png

Last edited:
According to techpowerup the noise from the cooler is a bit high and they class the cooler as being 'weak'. Was fine on my 3080ti, wonder if they've cheaped out on the fe cooler this time around.

Last edited:
According to techpowerup the noise from the cooler is a bit high and they class the cooler as being 'weak'. Was fine on my 3080ti, wonder if they've cheaped out on the fe cooler this time around.

It's the same cooler as the previous 4070 though no? Same in dimensions etc, surely a change in colour can't impact performance :cry:.

It's the same cooler as the previous 4070 though no? Same in dimensions etc, surely a change in colour can't impact performance :cry:.

Looks the same from the exterior at least, possible they cut down on the amount of heatpipes it has to reduce costs. Gamers nexus will probably have a teardown video today or tomorrow to see if anythings changed.

Back
Top Bottom