• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
Looks like the 4070Tie Super performance gimped by the drivers :rolleyes:
Yeah, it's strange. Daniel Owen tested the ASUS model, and it seemed to show better performance uplift than HUB with the MSI card, even though Steve said that his limited testing of another card made no difference.

Will have to wait a few days, I guess, to see if even newer BIOS and/or drivers bring the differential Nvidia seems to be holding to.

Soldato
Yeah, it's strange. Daniel Owen tested the ASUS model, and it seemed to show better performance uplift than HUB with the MSI card, even though Steve said that his limited testing of another card made no difference.

Will have to wait a few days, I guess, to see if even newer BIOS and/or drivers bring the differential Nvidia seems to be holding to.
The MSI card is already acknowleged by MSI as ******.

Last edited:
Soldato

Only AMD get to use the drivers excuse.

Soldato
The big problem Nvidia now seems to be facing is that they have ran out of suckers to buy these overpriced underperforming 40 series GPUs.

Between the truck load of money AI brings and AMD's inability to properly compete, they're doing fine. Even a crappy gen can be good to have as a bad example for the next. 5080 for $1200 and offering 50% more performance? Great price! It worked with the 3090 vs 4090, it will work again.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The big problem Nvidia now seems to be facing is that they have ran out of suckers to buy these overpriced underperforming 40 series GPUs.

Soldato
Between the truck load of money AI brings and AMD's inability to properly compete, they're doing fine. Even a crappy gen can be good to have as a bad example for the next. 5080 for $1200 and offering 50% more performance? Great price! It worked with the 3090 vs 4090, it will work again.
It can be 500% for all I care, at $1200 barely anyone will buy it.

Back
Top Bottom