• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

If you buy a 4080 Super, £959.99, with a 5 year warranty and keep it for 5 years then the monthly cost is, £15.99, the same as a Premium Netflix subscription.

So you can sort of look at buying a 4080 Super as a gaming subscription, that you have paid up front for.

What soft of temps are people getting with their 4080 and 4080 supers? I'm averaging around 50-60C 40% fan speed
Depends what I'm playing. CB77 pushed as much as is playable, around 66-68*C, it varies, for up to around 1500 rpm +/- (I think is around 40% or so, in terms of Fan speed in %). If I used a more aggressive DLSS like Performance, then perhaps a couple of degrees cooler. In lighter games perhaps under 60*C. Is one of the coolest cards (considering the power) that I've ever own.

PS: If I start power limiting it, I'm guess will drop lower.

Last edited:
If you buy a 4080 Super, £959.99, with a 5 year warranty and keep it for 5 years then the monthly cost is, £15.99, the same as a Premium Netflix subscription.

So you can sort of look at buying a 4080 Super as a gaming subscription, that you have paid up front for.
We know your game Jensen, soon you'll be telling us that a 4080 Super for the whole family costs less than your Sky box, so dump that TV and everyone can game.

Three year warranty on FE cards.

Went based on the longest, from Zotac, though FE cards keep more of there value for re-sell.

Still in two minds on buying a 4080 Super, and the buy it now part came to the fore, coming up with new ways to explain away the price.

Must resist. :p

Ah fair enough. I saw the £959.99 and just equated it with the FE :)

Was playing ratchet & clank tonight with that frame gen mod, maxed out getting 100fps at 1440p ultra wide, looks amazing as @Neil79 mentioned a few pages back.

I’m on the fence now again whether or not to go for the 4080 super, or wait for the 5xxx series as everything I play atm seems to run amazing.

Was playing ratchet & clank tonight with that frame gen mod, maxed out getting 100fps at 1440p ultra wide, looks amazing as @Neil79 mentioned a few pages back.

I’m on the fence now again whether or not to go for the 4080 super, or wait for the 5xxx series as everything I play atm seems to run amazing.

Do it!!

Put it this way, with DLSS/Frame Gen that comes with the game ( not the mod ) I'm getting 140-160fps all the time all on Ultra :D

I didn't expect that much of a difference to be honest as I was also using the MOD, but this is just wow!

Last edited:

Save your money and in possibly as little as 9 months to a year at most you’ll get a much larger upgrade, higher bandwidth with GDDR7, improved FG which by then will be in more games and no doubt some new exclusive 50 series features.

I think a lot of the people jumping on these supers now will be kicking themselves later on as refreshes have never tended to fare well in the long run.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom