• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Manufacturing square pockets is hard, and you're likely to have quality issues with the corners. It's just design for manufature.
If not impossible on a vapour chamber, from what i can make out in the image that's what the top one looks like (you can just about see the bumps across the surface from the internal support posts).

Ah finally, a dedicated air preheater for the CPU cooler.

You already have the best part of 450 watts dumping into the case generally to contend with, but now half of it exhausts directly into the cpu cooler intake.

Obviously can't speak for that model but for what it's worth, the FE design is similar with where it dumps the heat just before the cpu intake fan and surprisingly my CPU temp dropped by 10 degrees going from a sapphire pulse vega 56 to a 3080 FE, iirc, someone did a video of this too so seems that design is better having the heat be dumped in front of the intake as opposed to having the heat be dumped right above all the way along the gpu

EDIT:

good videos explaining this:

edit:

looking at that 4090 model, doesn't seem it will have the same enclosed design as the FE thus not as good direct exhaustion so heat will be leaking out all around the gpu which in return won't help cpu temps.

Obviously can't speak for that model but for what it's worth, the FE design is similar with where it dumps the heat just before the cpu intake fan and surprisingly my CPU temp dropped by 10 degrees going from a sapphire pulse vega 56 to a 3080 FE, iirc, someone did a video of this too so seems that design is better having the heat be dumped in front of the intake as opposed to having the heat be dumped right above all the way along the gpu

EDIT:

good videos explaining this:

edit:

looking at that 4090 model, doesn't seem it will have the same enclosed design as the FE thus not as good direct exhaustion so heat will be leaking out all around the gpu which in return won't help cpu temps.

That does seem to be key to the FE cooler, better controlled and streamlined airflow to the benefit of case airflow.
You can see some thought has gone into the details.

The GB model does just look like a traditional AIB heatsink cooler but with more backplate/PCB removed from the end to stylistically imitate the FE 'concept'.

edit: Just looking at images on the web, the sapphire pulse vega 56 also had the back end half venting through to the CPU intake?
That doesn't bode well to the Gigabyte model if that design gave you +10c on the cpu.

edit: Just looking at images on the web, the sapphire pulse vega 56 also had the back end half venting through to the CPU intake?
That doesn't bode well to the Gigabyte model if that design gave you +10c on the cpu.

Yeah the pulse vega 56 had an open design like most AIB models do, some of my photos I took for when selling:

gcO8uRJ.jpg

bsFesYq.jpg

gcO8uRJ.jpg

M3Sw1LB.jpg

xTQNaBp.jpg

Imitation is the best form of flattery I guess.

Had no thermal problems with my 3090FE, in fact I quite like the design and hope that the next gen FE cards follow suit.

Photos and videos don't do the design any justice imo, looks way nicer with your own eyes, not to mention the build quality, it was what surprised me the most, I've always had AIB models, usually MSI twin frz or sapphire and they felt like cheap plastic toys in comparison. With a good undervolt on the 3080, power consumption was about 270-285w with temps at 73 (pushing to 78 with intensive RT) but fan speed never went above 50%, at default clocks, fan speed went up to about 70% iirc.

Ah finally, a dedicated air preheater for the CPU cooler.

You already have the best part of 450 watts dumping into the case generally to contend with, but now half of it exhausts directly into the cpu cooler intake.
someone needs to start making a case where the gpu section is pretty much split off from the rest of the case like they did with PSUs, just have one corridor and a 140mm fan pumping air straight out the back

motherboards need reversing too so the GPU sits at the top and blows air towards exhaust fans in the roof of the case

someone needs to start making a case where the gpu section is pretty much split off from the rest of the case like they did with PSUs, just have one corridor and a 140mm fan pumping air straight out the back

motherboards need reversing too so the GPU sits at the top and blows air towards exhaust fans in the roof of the case

cant remember where I saw it now but someone did a DIY shroud for the GPU.

@Nexus18 Yeah, it actually felt really expensive too. :cry:

Looks good but since installing it I’ve not seen it since and won’t do until it’s replaced hopefully! Case dust filters seem to be doing their job so no need to open it up.

The one and only time I’ve bought a FE. Previous ones were all horrible blower type cards I think. Please don’t revert to that crap Nvidia.

So our we expecting the same shocking release as the 3000 series or now that gpu mining is pretty much dead better availability?
There's still global semi shortages and shipping is a bit messed up still, so I don't think we'll be quite back to the best of pre-pandemic releases - and even they often had shortages on first releases. Going low(er) volume with a 4090 release first is smart as demand should be lower for that tier too.

Back
Top Bottom