• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

So SER is what gives 40xx the RTX speed boost, 2-3x better than 30xx, that is what 40xx brings to the table. I can see this being a big boost for 4K gaming, at (3440x)1440p though it is already established that 3080/ti 12GB and above are more than capable of 60fps+ with RTX on in basically everything.

What I wantt o know is if DLSS3 will release to 30 series as well, which it SHOULD do given it doesn't appear to rely on any new spec feature of 40xx to work but is more an evolution of DLSS. That will dramatically improved RTX performance as shown in the Cyberpunk demo and will be more than enough for most people already on 30xx cards.

The next Cyberpunk DLC will be next gen only so will no doubt be a rework of RED Engine, I would bet that this is DLSS3 out of the box. Bring it!

I paid RRP for the 3080 Ti FE, so am not willing to spend more for a 4080 16GB - Will skip and ride the DLSS3 wave over the next few years.

Last edited:
Infact the opposite, don’t need to sell as many and won’t sell as many so fingers crossed people won’t be queuing for a year plus.

Plus hardly any of the high end 3000 series left in stock we can have a perfect transition as all our 3090Ti are sold and 3090 and 3080ti not far behind.

Our 3080 12G is a true bargain at £699 the last we will see if it’s kind.

I did warn people last week prices were unlikely to much lower if at all.

Could be some crazy 3090ti deals though if any AINs are still sitting on large stocks but I think with the crazy power consumption of those cards they will need to be way under 1k and even then many may not go for them.

Interesting times ahead but am sure first waves of 4000 series will sell out especially as even at £1800 the 4090 is insane performance and if gamers ain’t buying professionals will be.

Hey Gibbo

Do you expect AIB 4090s arriving around the 12th or is it a wait and see? Oh and I don't suppose OCUK are now FE retailers this time?

Obrigado

Really anyone with a brain would not buy these cards, I would only understand prosumers, and @Gibo here I appreciate your part of the reply, the rest is really a sales pitch :) then again understandable it is a retailer's forum :D

4080 12gb is a 4070 @ silly price
4080 16gb is priced what the 4090 should have been priced

I really fail to see the basics to yield on a disastrous PC Gaming market, already current 30s prices are a joke, for that matter on ebay too, I would not purchase new 30s even if they dropped half as used market has more value.

4090 for prosumer makes sense, partially as cost per watt is crazy and if you do 3D as profession you need to think what you can get away charging your end clients, people are spending less money to include corporate, seeing this daily, so it is quite interesting to see what sort of forecast / segmentation they did behind the scene.

Surely some silly people buying for the sake of buying are out there, fact is iPhone are products to showcase, a GPU isn't a status symbol, never will be unless metaverse becomes reality.

Last edited:
It's like Jensen is giving AMD a chance to take some big market share, will they take it or fumble it.....

It wouldnt matter if amd brought out a card that bent the 4090 over and pumped it raw at half the price, the "but muh drivers" argument is still floating around after all these years which hurts sales since so many stupid ******** believe it.

wow, those prices are insane - nearly a grand for an 80 series card (which is the cut down version), and the actual 80 card over £1,200 (nearly double of that of a 3080fe). if the 4080 is double the performance, thats only the same price per frame. PC gaming feeling more and more doomed - companies like nvidia are clearly taking the *beep*

Last edited:
Infact the opposite, don’t need to sell as many and won’t sell as many so fingers crossed people won’t be queuing for a year plus.

Plus hardly any of the high end 3000 series left in stock we can have a perfect transition as all our 3090Ti are sold and 3090 and 3080ti not far behind.

Our 3080 12G is a true bargain at £699 the last we will see if it’s kind.

I did warn people last week prices were unlikely to go much lower if at all.

Could be some crazy 3090ti deals though if any AIBs are still sitting on large stocks but I think with the crazy power consumption of those cards they will need to be way under 1k and even then many may not go for them simply due to power consumption.

Interesting times ahead but am sure first waves of 4000 series will sell out especially as even at £1700ish the 4090 is insane performance and if gamers ain’t buying professionals will be.

Will you be selling the 4090?(none aib)

Last edited:
Well he showed msfs which I play a lot, but I'm not convinced and the cost is ridiculous, need to work out how to justify it to myself, at the moment I'm struggling.
MSFS is a very power hungry game even in VR, on my old 5700XT could just about manage 30fps

Haven't tried the 3080 in VR yet, but will at some point.

Back
Top Bottom