• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Especially with the rising cost of living this is just too much. I doubt AMD will massively price cut Nvidia with RDNA3 and will possibly match their prices. I'm happy with my 3070 but I was planning a few new builds for some friends and family members, guess I'll stick with the 3000/6000 series for them.
Probably worth waiting till Nov to see what AMD can bring to the table. TSMC 5nm cards for cheaps?

Last edited:
Oh dear, will be interesting to see how it will look for the time between 4-6 :cry: :D

4V3vuZH.png

If it continues to dive like that, I wouldn't be surprised if we see some adjustments to pricing.... amd will no doubt be taking notes here.....

EDIT:

Having said that, amd look to be diving as well, possibly due to lack of any announcements till Nov?

mgUDbTF.png

Last edited:
image.png

Aorus says hello....
and what an ulgy brick it is.

I was never in at these prices, but now I'm out out. I'll continue doing what I've always done, buy 2nd hand and never put money directly into Ngreedia's pockets. I need to go and poop in Jensen's leather jacket pocket after seeing all that tosh.

Last edited:
I want to see benchmarks on the 4090. If it's actually 2X raster over the 3090Ti, it may not be terrible.

4080's are just a hanging curveball for AMD to bat out of the bark if they so choose. It seems Nvidia have way too many 3000 dies they need to sell and they don’t have a good play in the short term.
Looks around 1.5x from RE Village, AC Valhalla and The Division 2 in one of the charts here - the other games use dlss which I guess they're leaning on heavily with the 40 series.

Rapid innovation is not planned obsolescence. In any case, the reality is that what these cards are capable of is simply not necessary for most gamers. A five year old card will still deliver high frame rates on good settings at 1080p, it's only if you want to ramp up to 4K and with ray tracing that you could come close to needing one of these cards.

Is the performance much better though?, the £950 4080 12gb only has a 192 bus and 7680 cuda cores so can't see this being more than 10% faster than a 3080 10gb which had a 320 bus and 8700 cuda?

We'll have to see what the spectrum is of course. The proliferance of DLSS (and FSR) also makes things tougher (and your personal thoughts on the legitamacy of using that) than it was when comparing pascal to turing.gold

Also known as "locked to 40x0"
Realistically until the white whitepaper is out that is speculation. I know the kind of "locked" definition people are alluding to, but if the technical aspects add up, then DLSS 3 would never have worked on 30xx anyway because the additional hardware doesn't exist on those boards. Now could they have held the additional hardware back for a later release when 30xx was being released especially the Ti versions? Sure, but then what would they have put into the 40xx :p Business has to stay business one way or other I guess.

Let's wait for the whitepaper on DLSS 3.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom