• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

And you realise the amount of sold GPUs that are equivalent or better than the ps5 are much higher right?

You can do the simple math yourself using the steam hardware survey.
Lol, are you saying more people bought GPUs that are more powerful then the ps5 and Xbox.

There many millions of those sold, there is not many millions of people owning GPUs more powerful then these consoles

The GPU in consoles is equivalent to an RTX 2070.

In the top 10 on Steam there are two more powerful, RTX 3060 and RTX 3070, together they make up 6%. I don't know what the rest make up but outside of the top 10 they all make up 1% or less each. its probably about 15% for all GPU's above an RTX 2070.

Last edited:
The GPU in consoles is equivalent to an RTX 2070.

In the top 10 on Steam there are two more powerful, RTX 3060 and RTX 3070, together they make up 6%. I don't know what the rest make up but outside of the top 10 they all make up 1% or less each. its probably about 15% for all GPU's above an RTX 2070.
I would argue the chips in the ps5 and Xbox are closer to a 3070

Some sales data, and no, there are not 20 million plus 3060 and above users out there
Yes there are and the amount is much higher than 20m. You can do the math yourself using steam hardware survey and the monthly active users of 132m.

Some things to consider:
1) 132m is the number from 2021 as Valve gives us an update only once a year. Should be 140m+ this year if growth remained similar.
2) Steam active user means logged in steam the past 30 days, there are tons of PC gamers that don't do that.
3) Plenty of PS5s collecting dust but they are counted on total sales.

When you take everything into consideration the amount of ps5 equivalent GPUs or higher is more than both the ps5 and xbox series x sales combined. The difference is also getting bigger every day as GPUs are getting more powerful and there are more GPU's sold per quarter than next gen console sales. ~13m GPUs in one quarter vs 20m PS5s in 2 years :cry:

Last edited:
Yes there are and the amount is much higher than 20m. You can do the math yourself using steam hardware survey and the monthly active users of 132m.

Some things to consider:
1) 132m is the number from 2021 as Valve gives us an update only once a year. Should be 140m+ this year if growth remained similar.
2) Steam active user means logged in steam the past 30 days, there are tons of PC gamers that don't do that.
3) Plenty of PS5s collecting dust but they are counted on total sales.

When you take everything into consideration the amount of ps5 equivalent GPUs or higher is more than both the ps5 and xbox series x sales combined. The difference is also getting bigger every day as GPUs are getting more powerful and there are more GPU's sold per quarter than next gen console sales. ~13m GPUs in one quarter vs 20m PS5s in 2 years :cry:
Wow, look At all of these AAA PC exclusive games that are amazingly optimised cos there are 20 plus millions of people with pcs more powerful then a PS5 that they can make money from on game sales.

Wow, look At all of these AAA PC exclusive games that are amazingly optimised cos there are 20 plus millions of people with pcs more powerful then a PS5 that they can make money from on game sales.

Reason for that is most likely 3 fold;
  1. Nobody is trying to build an ecosystem and sell that ecosystem on a AAA game, Sony do, MS do and Nintendo do.
  2. PC market is driven by steam and why would PC developers limit their market.
  3. PC gamers are tight as all hell when it comes to actually buying games, look at all the moaning about how much spiderman cost. Now that's not everyone but it's a high %.
Ferrari don't compete with Ford on sales numbers, but they both make cars.

After ive got my card I will buy Spiderman and give it a run out, though i confess I will probably take a look on CD Keys rather than pay full whack, Moneys going to be tight after giving it all to Gibbo.

Reason for that is most likely 3 fold;
  1. Nobody is trying to build an ecosystem and sell that ecosystem on a AAA game, Sony do, MS do and Nintendo do.
  2. PC market is driven by steam and why would PC developers limit their market.
  3. PC gamers are tight as all hell when it comes to actually buying games, look at all the moaning about how much spiderman cost. Now that's not everyone but it's a high %.
Ferrari don't compete with Ford on sales numbers, but they both make cars.

After ive got my card I will buy Spiderman and give it a run out, though i confess I will probably take a look on CD Keys rather than pay full whack, Moneys going to be tight after giving it all to Gibbo.

The new standard for AAA games now is $70.

This also costs $70.

Rq4n8I7.jpg

Yeah sure, they aren't taking the pee, we're just tight.... :D

I might set my profile pic everywhere with me holding the 4090 in one of those **** pic angles people do. Although the 1% that would find it funny would prob end up with me sacked or something.

Back
Top Bottom