• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

DLSS3 is still a curio to me. Nvidia are saying the new Tensor Cores allow DLSS3 and the Optical Frame AI thingymajig so the 3xxx series will never have DLSS3 as they dont have the hardware. Is this actually true or Nvidia spin. Without DLSS3 how attractive would the 4xxx actual be ?
Nvidia said you can only use GSync with Gsync monitors due to the hardware module. Few years later "Gsync compatible" monitors were available without the hardware. Same way that FSR2.0 was hacked onto DLSS option to allow FSR2.0 (kind of) to be used in non FSR2.0 titles.
With the community if there is a will there is a way so just hypothetically if DLSS3 could be used on 3xxx series whether by someone "hacking" the dll's or something similiar how attractive would the 4xxx be then if the 3xxx could do DLSS3 or something close to DLSS3.

Presuming you are referring to the frame generation aspect of dlss 3? If so, apparently it can run on ampere, however, the reason nvidia aren't bringing it is because people will complain about poor IQ and it being laggy, which is fair enough if true.... It should be provided as an option though. DF were asked that same question and they said it could also run on ampere but it would require a lot of time and effort to get it running well i.e. see how long it took to get good results on dlss 1, fsr etc.

Essentially it's another thing where nvidia are first, supposedly they have been working on it for the past 6-7 years, even longer than "DLSS" so I suspect much like gsync, dlss and RT, nvidia will have the market to themselves for a couple of years again, having said that, DF very strongly hinted that intel are going to be getting something out to compete ASAP too, amd we'll probably be waiting a bit longer on but eventually they'll have something as well.

But yes, hopefully modders will be able to get it working on ampere but I suspect it won't be a good experience, similar to how the FSR hack into dlss wasn't great i.e. severe ghosting (which they can't fix)

sexxy japanese girl? lol

Look at 1:35 its really fake shot she isnt moving at all yet the game is playing and there is no HUD. It looks too clinical too clean like its been producied by some companies marketing department using stock images and dont have any idea of what makes a PC hardware video. Why does it remind me of the Channel 4 series "Humans" ?

Last edited:
Look at 1:35 its really fake shot she isnt moving at all yet the game is playing and there is no HUD. It looks too clinical too clean like its been producied by some companies marketing department using stock images and dont have any idea of what makes a PC hardware video. Why does it remind me of the Channel 4 series "Humans" ?
Good spot. It is probably some chinese marketing company that is big amongst chinese users that just so happens to post content on youtube.

A few have woke up. A few will have bitter lemon in the mouth. Most however will rant and when the prices drop in a few months forget about the scumbag tactics and throw money straight at it for a 'bargain'. The reality is they have just steadily upped the mid-range tiers to over £500.
I can only talk for myself here but normally what happens for me is I get all the computer stuff I want, and then I don't follow any tech or releases until it's time to build a new rig or upgrade. That way, I don't have any FOMO because I just don't know what's going on. This time it will be different as I want a 7950x3D when it comes out, but after that, I'll be done until the 5000 series card, so even if they drop the price loads, I'll be blissfully ignorant.

Last edited:
Will be some random small chips and the back of the die but the main cooling of the die and memory is all done by the front section , the active back plate on these will do like 5% of total cooling imo BUT it does look a lot better for sure:D

I mount mine vertically so won't be seeing the backplate.

(yes the bottom of the tubes not lining up bothers me too :( )

IMG-0274.jpg

I mount mine vertically so won't be seeing the backplate.

(yes the bottom of the tubes not lining up bothers me too :( )

N
Yeah if mounted like yours then active backplate is indeed useless as not going to be seeing it but will feel £100 lighter in the wallet :cry: After you posted the active backplate link it did Peak my interest and now considering getting one as mine is mounted horizontal so will actually see it . You hard pipes look perfect to me , can't see anything wrong with those :D

Yeah if mounted like yours then active backplate is indeed useless as not going to be seeing it but will feel £100 lighter in the wallet :cry: After you posted the active backplate link it did Peak my interest and now considering getting one as mine is mounted horizontal so will actually see it . You hard pipes look perfect to me , can't see anything wrong with those :D

If you run a ruler horizontally across them at the bottom the 1st from the right is too long. I'm not even really that OCD but if I see it it bugs me :cry:

Just had a look on YouTube and there are people who have put videos up of the 4090 being benchmarked in games? Can these actually be trusted? It looks like a 50-60% frame increase over the 3090ti expect for one game watch dogs legion that was 25% uplift.

Just had a look on YouTube and there are people who have put videos up of the 4090 being benchmarked in games? Can these actually be trusted? It looks like a 50-60% frame increase over the 3090ti expect for one game watch dogs legion that was 25% uplift.

Fake YouTube algorithm farming. It is similar to people with the those “GTA 6 leak” videos before it actually got leaked.

Looks like a stock 4080 16gb, has appeared in 3D Mark Timespy

Scored 64% higher than 3080 and 45% higher than 3090

Pulling 330w, maxing out at 60c

That just confirms it's worse value than a product released years ago if you take £650 as the cost for fe 3080 10GB. No chance of a 4080 16GB being £1066.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom